Founding Member
leaving gene kelly GIF

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And of course a different system, different coaching, different players around him could never, EVER, make a QB play any better, right?

I know, I know, that's just a setup question to continue to trash this staff and the offense, blahblahblah. You can't argue with a mob that's hellbent on being pissed. Yesterday, many of you had this entire recruiting class being dismantled today and it didn't happen.
I’m still a pumper but I agree that if he’s our starter, we’re in big fuching trouble next year. He’s not an SEC QB.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Never ceases to amaze me how folks here think they know what's going on behind the scenes.
Doesn't matter what is going on behind the scenes. We went 6-7, lost to all our rivals, lost to UK AND a Vandy, got embarrassed by a PAC also-ran in a December 17 bowl game, just got owned on ESD and are bringing in squat players from the portal. The behind the scenes stuff ain't working out!

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Doesn't matter what is going on behind the scenes. We went 6-7, lost to all our rivals, lost to UK AND a Vandy, got embarrassed by a PAC also-ran in a December 17 bowl game, just got owned on ESD and are bringing in squat players from the portal. The behind the scenes stuff ain't working out!

I can get around the first half of your tantrum but Oregon State was actually a really good team this year. The play on the field was embarrassing but the loss itself was not.

Owned on ESD? Dude we brought in our highest rated average class since 2010. Could it have been better? Absolutely but we took a lot of talent and less filler which is a positive.

Now you can go back to your tantrum now and keep crying....

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I can get around the first half of your tantrum but Oregon State was actually a really good team this year. The play on the field was embarrassing but the loss itself was not.

Owned on ESD? Dude we brought in our highest rated average class since 2010. Could it have been better? Absolutely but we took a lot of talent and less filler which is a positive.

Now you can go back to your tantrum now and keep crying....
Now losing to a "really good" 9-3 PAC team is OK?

Missing on almost every high level recruit that teased us is now OK? "Less filler" is now a win?

Man, I remember the good old days of success and high expectations. Crying continued!

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Now losing to a "really good" 9-3 PAC team is OK?

Missing on almost every high level recruit that teased us is now OK? "Less filler" is now a win?

Man, I remember the good old days of success and high expectations. Crying continued!
Dude...its only ESD and the majority of the players we signed today are high level at positions of need. We still got two months of portal and then NSD. Calm your titties and go find a baby bottle to suck on.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I’m still a pumper but I agree that if he’s our starter, we’re in big fuching trouble next year. He’s not an SEC QB.

Agreed. If we really wanted experience, we coulda nabbed the Arizona State transfer QB (blanking on his name, think it’s Armory or something like that). Who knows what a new coaching staff here coulda done for him

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
And of course a different system, different coaching, different players around him could never, EVER, make a QB play any better, right?

I know, I know, that's just a setup question to continue to trash this staff and the offense, blahblahblah. You can't argue with a mob that's hellbent on being pissed. Yesterday, many of you had this entire recruiting class being dismantled today and it didn't happen.
I never predicted the class would fall apart because I honestly had no idea one way or the other. I’m pretty happy with the class overall. It definitely could have been better and losing head to heads to scUM wasn’t ideal.

But Mertz sucks and hoping that switching from the second best conference to the best conference is going to make him better is just wishful thinking. Unless you think Napier’s superior offensive scheme is going to make him a successful SEC QB?

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Dude...its only ESD and the majority of the players we signed today are high level at positions of need. We still got two months of portal and then NSD. Calm your titties and go find a baby bottle to suck on.
True, could finish very well. It's all about how many you retain in a system, for seasons, and how our staff coaches and manages their team. Many from the top classes with large numbers will transfer. Let hope ours find a place on the field. Having five less than the top teams means we have to retain and produce with the vast majority of our signees. But at the same time, when a team does sign 25 a season, if they enroll them all, eventually some will leave and that would make their classes effectively equal to ours. I look forward to hearing we hires a pass game coordinator. We can run, but this staff needs help with the passing game.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
True, could finish very well. It's all about how many you retain in a system, for seasons, and how our staff coaches and manages their team. Many from the top classes with large numbers will transfer. Let hope ours find a place on the field. Having five less than the top teams means we have to retain and produce with the vast majority of our signees. But at the same time, when a team does sign 25 a season, if they enroll them all, eventually some will leave and that would make their classes effectively equal to ours. I look forward to hearing we hires a pass game coordinator. We can run, but this staff needs help with the passing game.
The only thing that could make our class equal to Bama’s if a group of cat 5 tornadoes flatten the town again and takes out the training facility this time.

What? Still too soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member