Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Next year’s WR room just got better and I’m sure there will be a few more In the next month.

I do love the WR pickups in this class so far: we'll have real speed at the position for the first time in awhile. But I've learned not to count too much on freshman being instant contributors in the SEC. Not to say they can't; but it's the exception rather than the rule.

As added proof of that, our WR room was pretty young last year too (especially among the backups) and it was mostly freshman when we were playing Vandy and f$u. Some looked fine, but there were a lot of drops in there as well.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Dude...its only ESD and the majority of the players we signed today are high level at positions of need. We still got two months of portal and then NSD. Calm your titties and go find a baby bottle to suck on.

Agree with you. But this would’ve been a more appropriate response to @Dunder.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I’m way behind on Gator news, been renovating my daughter’s bathroom for the last 3+ weeks... Is the LB transfer a solid pickup?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m way behind on Gator news, been renovating my daughter’s bathroom for the last 3+ weeks... Is the LB transfer a solid pickup?
Yep, he's the perfect replacement for our LBs that left because they couldn't find playing time here. Cause he did the exact same thing at OSU.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yep, he's the perfect replacement for our LBs that left because they couldn't find playing time here. Cause he did the exact same thing at OSU.

I don’t see this as an all world signing, but if we’re making a comparison of what we have seen leave versus what we have coming in you’re leaving out an important point. Guys like Borders and Wilcoxson were unable to crack our recent LB and S lineups. At least at OhSt they’ve recruited and played well enough that this guy may just be buried. I have no idea what the selling point would be of someone who has been unable to break into the LB or S rotation over the last few years at UF. So the comparisons aren’t exactly apples to apples.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So I wonder how Pearsals feels about Mertz?
RP should go pro, IMO.
I've seen some sites have him as high as the #19 WR; this site has him at #28, a couple of spots behind Cope.
With his skill set in the slot, I think he's better than #19, and has a much brighter future in the NFL than Cope does.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
The top OT in the portal from Rhode Island just committed to Oregon. I know Nike helps and who runs their NIL but Lanning has been killing it the last two days.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t see this as an all world signing, but if we’re making a comparison of what we have seen leave versus what we have coming in you’re leaving out an important point. Guys like Borders and Wilcoxson were unable to crack our recent LB and S lineups. At least at OhSt they’ve recruited and played well enough that this guy may just be buried. I have no idea what the selling point would be of someone who has been unable to break into the LB or S rotation over the last few years at UF. So the comparisons aren’t exactly apples to apples.
I was actually just funning around. I watched Gators Breakdown last night and Dave was talking about how this kid apparently was on the verge of quitting football completely and that's why he hasn't played much the past year or so. Guess he's decided to stick with football now and wants to try with a fresh start at a new place. We'll see. Maybe he'll be great for us.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Fish Bass GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.