Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Elevate the roster enough and on field coaching doesn't matter. As Bill Russell said about coaching in the NBA, I just roll the ball out and they play.
Not exactly true but matters less. Our staff wants to play close games- we think by their style. but their in-game work is so suspect. I like where they are going with recruiting, it’s solid and steady. But they also need to up their schemes and in-game calls and management. Staff needs to be coached up. Maybe SOS can give them a clinic.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Have to wonder why he’s transferring if he’s that good. I tend to think of transfers as guys that proved themselves at a smaller program that needed to have grades in order or good players that get buried but need some roster room to reach their potential. But if he’s All American material he should be on the field at Mich.

I also thought another board said he’s 200lbs.
Read carefully grasshopper. Not All American, All Name. Deuce Spurlock, yeah that's good name for a LB of Navy pilot. Not enough élan for the Air Force.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Have to wonder why he’s transferring if he’s that good. I tend to think of transfers as guys that proved themselves at a smaller program that needed to have grades in order or good players that get buried but need some roster room to reach their potential. But if he’s All American material he should be on the field at Mich.

The tweet was for his all american NAME for a LB. ( :lol: )

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

Goldkamp isn't saying he is All American talent, he's being a doosh and making fun of his name. Deuce = #2 = poopoo. "No Shlt Spurlock"

He was 200 lbs when he was a recruit. He's now listed at 231.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019

GreenardJonathan_191130_1487_IsabellaMarley.jpg

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
BN still working hard. Man, I hope he gets this on field coaching thing figured out because he’s certainly elevating the roster.
With the improvement in talent you'd have to think that some of that will help the on field coaching. There is still an aspect of it that Billy will need to work on. But give him better talent, should yield him better options in decision making.

I remember prior to the '08 season at the Gator Club Urb's came to speak and while waiting to for him to start he came over and sat by me. I remember him chatting with us and the subject of talent came up. He told us avg. talent will only get you around 6 wins, with good coaching maybe 8, add the talent along with the coaching then you are where we were in '08/'09.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are disappointing. Not one crack about somebody’s mom putting you in “the Spur Lock.” Buncha Rooks!

But sounds like a good pickup nonetheless.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
We need special team's players as well or game changers, whatever it's called.

All kidding aside we need competition at all spots especially the way our D has played for 2 years. I'm not going to complain I want Billy to work out so we don't have to do this again in 2 years.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s hard to manage an offense when you know your D sux azz.

Defense was and has been the issue for the last Grathem years. They couldn’t stop anybody all year…the front seven was completely underwhelming. It’s unfair to blame Toney with this scenario.

It’s too early to judge the coaching!

I don’t want a guy to come in and max out our roster to 9-10 wins. I want the guy who builds the personal to for consecutive 11-12 and occasional 14 win seasons.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It’s hard to manage an offense when you know your D sux azz.

Defense was and has been the issue for the last Grathem years. They couldn’t stop anybody all year…the front seven was completely underwhelming. It’s unfair to blame Toney with this scenario.

It’s too early to judge the coaching!

I don’t want a guy to come in and max out our roster to 9-10 wins. I want the guy who builds the personal to for consecutive 11-12 and occasional 14 win seasons.
Quick improvements and building for long term success are not mutually exclusive.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Damn dis twilight zone portal becoming a sucking black hole. Much like …..

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Damn dis twilight zone portal becoming a sucking black hole. Much like …..
Yeah we kinda needed that one. Hopefully we can jump back in during the spring portal session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.