Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I don't know why we just assume that everyone out of the portal is an upgrade and instant starter?

These lineman have great size but I'm not seeing a lot of ability. But....... even if they fall down, you still have to run around them....
I doubt any of them are as good as Torrence, but Mazzccua looks better than any of the IOL we currently have. Tarquin had lost his spot to Barber, but with Gouraige moving on - hopefully - to the NFL, he might have been a starter again. Size wise, George is a step up; talent wise remains to be seen. If CBN has proven anything over the last few years, it’s been identifying solid OL prospects.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Other than size, is this a big upgrade? could not play this year at Bama whose O_line was well below average.

2022​

Saw action in two games. Utah State: Played 20 snaps at right tackle in the second half. Texas: Saw time on the Tide’s field goal and PAT attempts.

2021​

Played in 12 games during his second season at the Capstone and took over the starting job at right tackle in the 10th game of the season … finished with three starts on the year. Mercer: Earned 18 snaps at tackle against the Bears. Southern Miss: Played 12 snaps on the night. Ole Miss: Played three snaps as a reserve in the win over the Rebels. Mississippi State: Played the final series of the 49-9 win in Starkville, earning four snaps. Tennessee: Saw action on four snaps against the Volunteers off the bench. LSU: Came in on the eighth play of the game at right tackle when Chris Owens moved to center to replace Darrian Dalcourt … played 59 snaps, allowing just one pressure and one sack with two knockdown blocks. New Mexico State: Made his first career start, getting the nod at right tackle against the Aggies … helped the Tide amass 247 rushing yards while providing time to pass for 340 more yards for 587 yards of total offense … graded out at 97 percent on assignments with one knockdown block. Arkansas: Made his second start and first in SEC at right tackle … blocked for 671 yards of total offense … matched his season high with two knockdown blocks as he opened holes for 122 rushing yards by Robinson Jr. Auburn: Started at right tackle and played 33 snaps. Georgia: Saw time on special teams against the Bulldogs. Cincinnati: Worked on special teams in the Cotton Bowl. Georgia: Earned snaps on the Tide’s special teams units in Indianapolis.

2020​

Offensive tackle prospect from the talent-rich state of Texas … saw his first action in an Alabama uniform against Kentucky and then followed that with seven snaps at LSU … earned his most extensive playing time at Arkansas with 14 snaps.
He should have 3 years remaining, not 2.

2020 - doesn’t count
2021 - year 1
2022 - redshirt year
2023 - year 2
2024 - year 3
2025 - year 4

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Always knew you, me and Ox were the 3 who stuck together with Billy

View attachment 53577
Three Amigos GIF

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Why would anyone want to play for Ole Miss? I just don't get it, so I'm certain it will happen.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
And we all know they are never wrong.
Usually when the CB's start flooding in, the cats out of the bag. Either way, it looks like we're in the market for another qb now that rashada is gone. That part makes me feel better

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Per 247, the roster sits at 81. That’s a decent number for offseason & spring. Only 6 seniors, 20 juniors, 24 sophomores, 9 redshirt freshmen & 22 freshmen. Skews young.

Maybe now is the time to quit focusing on how much experience a guy already has and let him get some. A guy like Shemar James should be ready to start and play at a high level.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Lets hope that visit had some last minute magic. Of the 3 CB's I see on 247 one is a TCU beat writer, one an Ole Piss writer, and one 247 national correspondent. Not that they don't know, just hoping UF coming in at the last minute means some good news.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We have a 5 star qb committed and signed a 5star. I don't think kids have a problem with the offense
Not to mention that the OL they are building, ETN/MJ at RB, and signed a pretty good WR group.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not to mention that the OL they are building, ETN/MJ at RB, and signed a pretty good WR group.
There's also a huge opportunity to start and play all of next year, running out of the tunnel as the starting QB of the Florida Gators. It's an attractive situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.