Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
This was the kid that I've talked about us potentially picking up. I only watched one LA game this year against GState, and he stood out to me as someone who probably should've been at a bigger school. I would have no problem with the pickup. Still think we need an incoming HS RB, but he'd be a nice addition as well.

Also agree on Bowman and Lingard. Really hoping they take advantage of Wright being out for at least a portion of the Spring to establish themselves. Once he's healthy, that would be a nice trio going into the season.
I'm an old Dreadnaught and got to enjoy Bowman's time there. He was the best HS back I have seen in the form of E. Smith. Full speed in three steps, great at allowing blockers to do their work for him, only need a crack to explode through. decent blocker but seldom did that at LHS. Didn't really use him much in the passing game but didn't need much of one. Hope his spirit hasn't been crushed by the previous crew.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I'm an old Dreadnaught and got to enjoy Bowman's time there. He was the best HS back I have seen in the form of E. Smith. Full speed in three steps, great at allowing blockers to do their work for him, only need a crack to explode through. decent blocker but seldom did that at LHS. Didn't really use him much in the passing game but didn't need much of one. Hope his spirit hasn't been crushed by the previous crew.

Go Dreadnaughts! Graham McKeel ~

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Bet Spurrier becomes a closer fan.? 'cause they'll be playing the way he understands, under a coach he can root for.

It will be interesting to see how Coach Billy addresses SOS? If it were me...I'd try to get close to "the Ball Coach"...There still is a lot of "wisdom" there.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
I'd be okay with this kid over Citizen (but we do need one HS RB in this class badly). The ULL kid will be a sophomore so he's still got plenty of eligibility. We only have 3 RBs on the roster right now, and one is injured. This spring will be big for Bowman & Lingard.
I was already counting Etienne in the class but was hoping Citizen is in as well but Montrell Johnson would be fine with me and I think it addresses our depth at RB for 2022.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Oh, I thought he just sounded like a whiny bitçh. Thanks for clearing that up.
We know, we know. Anyone that doesnt tickle the balls, stroke the shaft, and swallow the gravy of the current coach is just a whiny btch. Your position has been made very clear. Carry on.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is going to cause a meltdown for the ULL fans:

Winner!

This is our fallback from the Louisiana 4* that we think we have a shot with.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
This dude sings “this is how we do it” in 1995 and now plays college ball? Montrell Johnson is a renaissance man!!

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jones is attending meetings, so he may not be gone. Not sure that I'd jump to that conclusion, but others are.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Jones is attending meetings, so he may not be gone. Not sure that I'd jump to that conclusion, but others are.

Jones staying or going will influenced by what the new staff is saying to him. Additionally, many players may think of leaving now, but stay around until spring to see how they fit into the style of the new staff. Every off season players split when they are not happy with where they stand on the depth chart after spring practice. In a coaching change year, more players bolt after spring. This will be magnified by the new transfer rules.

You only get one free non-graduate transfer. Jones is being smart if he is being careful about if or when he uses this one time transfer and where he goes in terms of potential playing time, if he goes.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see Emory helping his future by remaining as a Gator QB. He should choose a new school with his type of offense. Even then, he will have to make significant self-improvements in both his QB IQ and his field vision, Mostly he needs to transfer to a to a conference that doesn't much believe in pass defense. As he now is, Emory just derails offensive schemes. It's more important that UF moves on by EJ being gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator