Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I don't have a problem with Ox and you posters seeing all the positives -- they are there. I am just not as sure as most of the rest of you that the poitives translate to immediate wins.
Just curious Ancient where would you set the over/ under at on wins next year.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't have a problem with Ox and you posters seeing all the positives -- they are there. I am just not as sure as most of the rest of you that the poitives translate to immediate wins.

So what negatives do you see that translate to immediate losses.?

gatorfan81

Founding Member
Done
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Big test is the first game. Let's see how that goes and will tell you alot on how the rest of the season will go. If we get blown out in the Swamp it will be a long season. If we lose a close one I still see 7 to 8 wins if we win could be 9-10 wins. I want to see how prepared and disciplined this team is for a difficult first game.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So by flushed, does that mean insta-tard has been perma banned?

because if so...

images

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Big test is the first game. Let's see how that goes and will tell you alot on how the rest of the season will go. If we get blown out in the Swamp it will be a long season. If we lose a close one I still see 7 to 8 wins if we win could be 9-10 wins. I want to see how prepared and disciplined this team is for a difficult first game.
This is where I am right now. Mrs G. has already made the hotel reservations in Gainesville for that weekend so we can see CBN's debut in person. Really looking forward to it.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
He is changing the culture and correcting bad habits. That sometimes takes a while.
One thing Billy is doing so far is listing to the players and fixing things that matter to them. I’m hopeful this will expedite player’s getting on the bandwagon , time will tell I guess

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
He is changing the culture and correcting bad habits. That sometimes takes a while.
I agree it takes time. What does not take time is the HC and staff moving those who have not bought into the program to the end of the depth chart. I have seen enough evidence to make me comfortable the Mullen deference and loyalty to seniority left the building when he did. I believe from foundation to gameday the word will be do it our way or hit the highway. That is a key to culture change.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Fellas, 10 wins isn't that big of a deal with our mediocre schedule - even Butters and Mullinz half-assed 10 win seasons. 8 wins should be the bottom any Gator team has, period. With LSU now also in the toilet with all the other SEC teams, only UGA is the really tough team on the schedule.

There is no excuse, zero, for any Gator team ever to have less than 8 wins in a season. Some of the records we've had in the last 10 years are utterly incomprehensible and indefensible.

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
Fellas, 10 wins isn't that big of a deal with our mediocre schedule - even Butters and Mullinz half-assed 10 win seasons. 8 wins should be the bottom any Gator team has, period. With LSU now also in the toilet with all the other SEC teams, only UGA is the really tough team on the schedule.

There is no excuse, zero, for any Gator team ever to have less than 8 wins in a season. Some of the records we've had in the last 10 years are utterly incomprehensible and indefensible.
Georgia Southern was the bottom IMHO

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Some previously teams discounted as potential sure victories can no longer be discounted = UK, Arkansas, and UT(?). During Gator Mullenizing, those teams have become more of a loss-threat. UF has to climb back to top them with any certainty. Doing that was doubtful with the coaching malpractice we've had. Go Gators

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

After seeing how Mullen was able to hide behind the logo and still win a lot of games, I agree with Ox, it takes an insane lack of competence and talent to win less than eight games at Florida. This last staff was CLUELESS and didn't work at all and still won six games. Six! It's incredible how low the bar is for execution is to win at Florida.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
My take: If we play fast, disciplined, and don't continue with self inflicted penalties, I see a Very Good year. Our biggest issues when we have the talent to beat the opposing team is an off-sides, illegal procedure, throwing a shoe Sh*t, or some other dumbe-ass game costing or at least momentum shifting scenario...I think The Blade will see pretty quick in practice who's who and what's what and play those who get er done

...Go Gators...:jog:

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
So what negatives do you see that translate to immediate losses.?

Not trying to be Captain Buzzkill here (I like CBN a lot) but there are legitimate reasons for concern.

1. The team that just flat out quit after the UK debacle will be striving to cope with the expectations of a very different HC/staff. How well they adapt to the alien concept of unbending accountability remains to be seen.
2. By the end of the season, the new recruits and transfers could gel into a significant force but they can't be expected to be the difference in the first two games - both of which are imminently losable.
3. We will play at least three, and possibly four, teams that will almost certainly be more talented overall. Plus, two or three others who will have roughly equivalent talent but won't be in the first year of a program rebuild.
4. At this point, it appears that EJ is still at least a remote possibility at QB. I can't help but find that a bit disconcerting. Hopefully he will switch positions or transfer out after Spring practice.

Aren't you glad you asked?
Doomed!.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator