Recruiting Transfer Portal: Jordan Hermann enters Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I don't think anyone is really concerned about our RB room.
I’m not worried about our RB room. I’m a Lakeland native and was hoping Bowman would start to click this fall, but he really hasn’t yet. He’s pretty close to Graham so I wonder if this is a mix of on & off field issues that added up to the transfer.

I wish him well. Most often when you move the baggage comes along, so if changes are needed I hope he makes them and prospers.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
slow down, stick it out and overcome.
Yep, through repetition strengthen & improve by noting & trying variations of style. In improving, he'll show breakaway runs that indicate he should be worked into the scheme of things wherever he lands. Good luck.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Whatever the reason I wish the kid well. But something was not clicking and if we can afford a reduction it's that we have a full RB room. I have a feeling that Johnson is going to be a beast.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Bowman was so hyped coming out of high school, now this is the second school he's leaving because he can't crack into the rotation. Was he just overrated, or is it a matter of work ethic? I was really excited when he was transferring here, then I didn't think he was playing because of the last staff not wanting to play younger players. Now this staff has him 4th on depth chart, oh well we should be alright in the RB department without him.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Bowman was so hyped coming out of high school, now this is the second school he's leaving because he can't crack into the rotation. Was he just overrated, or is it a matter of work ethic? I was really excited when he was transferring here, then I didn't think he was playing because of the last staff not wanting to play younger players. Now this staff has him 4th on depth chart, oh well we should be alright in the RB department without him.

My opinion on transfers, long before the portal ever existed, was that it was an extremely shortsighted move. If you’re buried on a depth chart at your current location, as much as another roster may look more attractive, they’re not going to just sit idle and wait for you to show up. By the time you will be able to play, that team will have continued recruiting as if you weren’t coming in and there will be new impediments to your playing time. Unless they’re just horrible at roster management(which means you’re going to a garbage team), you’re going to be in the same boat.

The idea looks better now because of Fields/Burrows types of success stories, but I think it’s simply because there are more examples. I think the percentages are probably about the same. Outside of exceptions maybe at QB, if you aren’t playing where you are, it’s not likely going to get any better unless you go down a tier in level of play.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
My opinion on transfers, long before the portal ever existed, was that it was an extremely shortsighted move. If you’re buried on a depth chart at your current location, as much as another roster may look more attractive, they’re not going to just sit idle and wait for you to show up. By the time you will be able to play, that team will have continued recruiting as if you weren’t coming in and there will be new impediments to your playing time. Unless they’re just horrible at roster management(which means you’re going to a garbage team), you’re going to be in the same boat.

The idea looks better now because of Fields/Burrows types of success stories, but I think it’s simply because there are more examples. I think the percentages are probably about the same. Outside of exceptions maybe at QB, if you aren’t playing where you are, it’s not likely going to get any better unless you go down a tier in level of play.
I agree in principal...especially if the player thinks the grass is greener at another big time program. He is still going to have to earn his PT.

My caveat is when a guy isn't playing here and transfers to a lower level team, like a mid-major, but still at the 1-A level to get playing time. When I see that, I generally assume the kid gets it. He can play at a lower level and wants to play rather than watch. They only get so much eligibility and if you can't break the line up here and it doesn't look like you will, why not go and play somewhere you can get in games and even be a starter.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I agree in principal...especially if the player thinks the grass is greener at another big time program. He is still going to have to earn his PT.

My caveat is when a guy isn't playing here and transfers to a lower level team, like a mid-major, but still at the 1-A level to get playing time. When I see that, I generally assume the kid gets it. He can play at a lower level and wants to play rather than watch. They only get so much eligibility and if you can't break the line up here and it doesn't look like you will, why not go and play somewhere you can get in games and even be a starter.

Agree. As I said, if playing time is the goal then going down a level in play is the only feasible option in most cases.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Justin Jefferson still seems to like us the most but he has put Bama up there as well...so it seems like he is trending away. Deciding in Jul/Aug.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Aaaaaaand

@mzenitz: Demarkcus Bowman has committed to UCF.

Adds another talented piece to an already strong running back room for Gus Malzahn and UCF. Former five-star recruit

At least he’s acknowledging he need to step down to play. Wish him well. I heard all the talk from people, but never saw it in him while here. Maybe a much needed change of scenery again.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
At least he’s acknowledging he need to step down to play. Wish him well. I heard all the talk from people, but never saw it in him while here. Maybe a much needed change of scenery again.
No problem with this...he would have played very little for Napier.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Orlando could never classify as a much needed change of scenery. That town sucks. But good luck to him

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Orlando could never classify as a much needed change of scenery. That town sucks. But good luck to him

Yeah good point. Doesn’t Crete live there too?

On a serious note, like Gamble, if you’re going to play for nothing school, why not go someplace cool that you’ve never been, with different weather, culture, etc? I’d go to like San Diego State, or Idaho. Not some place that’s essentially where I grew up.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Yeah good point. Doesn’t Crete live there too?

On a serious note, like Gamble, if you’re going to play for nothing school, why not go someplace cool that you’ve never been, with different weather, culture, etc? I’d go to like San Diego State, or Idaho. Not some place that’s essentially where I grew up.
Should have just stayed at Clemson. Thats a really cool area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator