Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
185865.jpg

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Uh, Bowman realizes he isn't going to play and is leaving? This isn't brain surgery.

He got plenty of PT during the Spring game, so I don’t see how that would be an issue unless maybe he was expecting 80% or more of the carries next season? Just seems weird.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Uh, Bowman realizes he isn't going to play and is leaving? This isn't brain surgery.
I think they are allowed one transfer without sitting out a year, unless the school signs off on the exit. Guess we will see if he is eligible to play wherever he goes.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
He got plenty of PT during the Spring game, so I don’t see how that would be an issue unless maybe he was expecting 80% or more of the carries next season? Just seems weird.
When Napier spoke at the Lakeland Gator club he talked about Nayquan Wright's leadership and the toughness and talent of Johnson. Did not mention Bowman so I took it he was probably 4th or 5th on depth chart.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, that's kind of weird.

:what:
Nothing weird about it. Our Top 3 at RB heading into fall in order are:

1. Lorenzo Lingard
2. Montrell Johnson
3. Nay'Quan Wright

Bowman wants to play, and I don't blame him for trying to find a less crowded RB room. You could argue that Bowman should be #3 ahead of Wright, but he wasn't cracking the Top 2 and that's where the bulk of the carries are coming from. I wish nothing but the best for the kid. He just needs to find a depth chart and system that is best suited for his skills.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Nothing weird about it. Our Top 3 at RB heading into fall in order are:

1. Lorenzo Lingard
2. Montrell Johnson
3. Nay'Quan Wright

Bowman wants to play, and I don't blame him for trying to find a less crowded RB room. You could argue that Bowman should be #3 ahead of Wright, but he wasn't cracking the Top 2 and that's where the bulk of the carries are coming from. I wish nothing but the best for the kid. He just needs to find a depth chart and system that is best suited for his skills.

Honestly this kid needs to acknowledge that somewhere along the way he made a bad decision, and now needs to slow down, stick it out and overcome. Very few aspects of life from here moving forward will be so forgiving. This is the other part of the portal that’s awful.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly this kid needs to acknowledge that somewhere along the way he made a bad decision, and now needs to slow down, stick it out and overcome. Very few aspects of life from here moving forward will be so forgiving. This is the other part of the portal that’s awful.
It's no sweat off my nuts. We need to reduce schollies and Bowman is helping us out by leaving a position group that can afford to lose him.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Montrell Johnson was a beast during the O&B Game. He runs like he has something to prove.

I agree, we're better off with another player at a different position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator