Treon Harris suspended indefinitely - Accuser drops complaint

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If Driskel ever needed a good game it would be tomorrow night. Imagine the fans and teammates if he starts his parade of incomplete passes and three-and-outs again tomorrow night. I can almost see someone sitting next to him on the bench with an "I'm with stupid" t-shirt with the arrow pointing at Driskel.

Meanwhile, Todd Gurley is still suspended.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I hope the fans come out and really support the team. I think with the home field advantage and if our D can avoid giving up any big plays, we should be able to win this game through running the ball and Driskel being average.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Ox, is this officially the longest thread in Gatorchatter history? I mean wow...69 pages. Thank God for Harris it seems like everything will be ok. Go Gators!

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
Gatoravatara;n75197 said:
This dude is pressuring the University to reinstate TODAY. Is Bernie dragging his feet? He should be the one to make the announcement.
Yep he should, its the least he could do

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
the_alphagator1906;n75294 said:
Hey Ox, is this officially the longest thread in Gatorchatter history? I mean wow...69 pages. Thank God for Harris it seems like everything will be ok. Go Gators!

It's also over 1000 posts!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
the_alphagator1906;n75294 said:

Change your settings...this is only page 26 for me

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n75246 said:
If the alleged victim recanted her story, she could be prosecuted for filing a false report, etc. So she is not likely to recant unless the police further investigate and the evidence clears Treon and implicates her. I would like to see the facts come out either way.

You can Coach9 keep repeating that she "recanted". Do you know what that means?

I've seen nothing that suggests she recanted. Why do you keep posting this?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n75285 said:
I hope the fans come out and really support the team. I think with the home field advantage and if our D can avoid giving up any big plays, we should be able to win this game through running the ball and Driskel being average.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs. Remember the good ole days when Florida was known for offense? When we were slinging it all over the field AND running it down their throats? Now... the best and I mean ABSOLUTE BEST we can HOPE for is the QB to be "average."

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n75309 said:
Change your settings...this is only page 26 for me

LOL...I bet you are the life of the party aren't you? lol Let me recant my statement and change it to this. "Hey Ox, is this officially the longest thread in Gatorchatter history? I mean wow...over 1030 posts. Thank God for Harris.........." How is that?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n74130 said:
Not even joking here: it crossed my mind.
NO folks. Not even close.

For those comparing and constrasting Rapeis situation, you'll notice that a good attorney like Johnson does not come out in the press, claim Jameis wasn't even there and had alibi witnesses then get caught with his pants down (figuratively) when the DNA comes back.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Yes, Treon. #God is Great. I presume God also says, "Keep it in your pants" and stay away from crazies

Edit: My quote was in relation to Treon's twitter statement posted by Howgtown.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Munk;n74827 said:
His press release highlights why so many woman do not come forward when sexually assaulted. Rape cases almost always end up with the woman being called a whore. This one is no different.
This.

I think it will be interesting once the name of the victim becomes public knowledge.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n75333 said:
It's a pretty sad state of affairs. Remember the good ole days when Florida was known for offense? When we were slinging it all over the field AND running it down their throats? Now... the best and I mean ABSOLUTE BEST we can HOPE for is the QB to be "average."

It is what it is... Driskel doesn't have what it takes... we all know that, so we hope he can be average and we win. Hopefully Treon gives us more hope, but have you seen anything from Driskel that makes you believe he will be great?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
threatmatrix;n73390 said:
Trying to wade through everything but I have to say it seems like UF moved overly fast and I hope the above is the case. I don't recall when such excessive actions have been taken so quickly based soley on allegations.

Still standing by this.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n74919 said:
Bernie Machen, reinstate him NOW! And put Grier's redshirt back on him!
Uhhh... you know his redshirt doesn't need to be put back on, right? Because his redshirt hasn't been taken off... until he plays. Right?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
VulcanAlex;n75190 said:
Gee while I would like the facts to be that his suspension should be lifted, this new information does not do this. It does for a time remove any criminal action, it does nothing for the code of conduct issues. Now for the code of conduct any sex with someone who is under the influence is a violation. He is no way near out of the woods and based on just this new information he won't be.

Vulcan, you keep mentioning this under the influence thing. Does that count if he was under the influence also, or are males the only ones held responsible in that case. Geeze....I can hardly remember a time I got laid freshman year that I wasn't under the influence.

Drunk and passed out or incoherent = rape. Two kids out drinking and hooking up = drunk sex. Which is pretty good sex, actually, if memory serves correctly. By your account just about every college male would be locked up. And I guess no females would be held accountable for exact same actions. Geeeze... way to go buzzkill.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n75350 said:
.I can hardly remember a time I got laid freshman year that I wasn't under the influence.

At that age, who isn't drunk while banging?
t1513.gif

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n75345 said:
It is what it is... Driskel doesn't have what it takes... we all know that, so we hope he can be average and we win. Hopefully Treon gives us more hope, but have you seen anything from Driskel that makes you believe he will be great?

Nope

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.