Treon Harris suspended indefinitely - Accuser drops complaint

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n74945 said:
I assume this has little bearing on the University's investigation?

Probably not........

The threshold for guilt is much lower in the University Investigation.

I smell lawsuits in the air.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
ATXGator;n74949 said:
If she withdraws her complaint why would the University still investigate? I'm not sure what Title IX states, but hopefully they won't investigate if the accuser withdraws the complaint.
University is the one over his suspension.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Uf statement -
The student who accused Treon Harris of sexual battery has withdrawn her criminal complaint. This means she is not pursuing criminal charges against him at this time but maintains the right to do so in the future.
The police report will be released when it is available.
The UAA will have more information on his football status later in the day.
The university always will take swift and decisive action when we have concerns about the safety of our students.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
williston_gator;n74970 said:
Uf statement -

Perfect statement. Indirectly answers certain criticisms, which also indicates they realize that their steps were extremely hard on a what appears to be an innocent young man, and they don't want that to drag out any longer than it needs to. Great balance.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Uf statement -
The student who accused Treon Harris of sexual battery has withdrawn her criminal complaint. This means she is not pursuing criminal charges against him at this time but maintains the right to do so in the future.
The police report will be released when it is available.
The UAA will have more information on his football status later in the day.
The university always will take swift and decisive action when we have concerns about the safety of our students.

I think this is a good statement. Short, sweet and factual. Not sure how she could go after him for money unless she changes her mind regarding pursuing criminal charges. It sounds like she could decide to make allegations again in the future, but you would have to think that if there was a case then she would go forward now.

I don't think the University will do anything to her, because they can't prove she lied or made this up. I think best thing for all parties is to not release the name of the accuser and just try to let everybody move forward.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n75048 said:
I think this is a good statement. Short, sweet and factual. Not sure how she could go after him for money unless she changes her mind regarding pursuing criminal charges. It sounds like she could decide to make allegations again in the future, but you would have to think that if there was a case then she would go forward now.

I don't think the University will do anything to her, because they can't prove she lied or made this up. I think best thing for all parties is to not release the name of the accuser and just try to let everybody move forward.

And for TH to stay the **** away from her.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Uf statement -

Seems like she is trying to maintain a bargaining chip so they can't come back at her for filing false charges.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n75112 said:
Mark Long ‏@APMarkLong 12 minutes ago
Gators likely to reinstate Treon Harris, but he needs to be cleared by UF's student conduct code first

I think it would be nice to have him on the sidelines (even if not in pads) to be there as a motivating factor for the team. I hope they get this done quickly.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Treon needs to get his mind right and get back in to practice before he plays. Take the week off and come back for next week's game. This is really great news...and I still think the girl, and her story, are in big trouble.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
ATXGator;n75130 said:
I think it would be nice to have him on the sidelines (even if not in pads) to be there as a motivating factor for the team. I hope they get this done quickly.
I fully agree with this.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I wonder if that is real since that wasn't his original twitter account name.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n75170 said:
Everyone reporting now that Harris' suspension has been lifted!!
Jeff Barlis just now JeffBarlisESPN Jeff Barlis
Treon Harris' suspension by the UF athletic association has NOT yet been lifted. Just a matter of time? Expect to get a status update today.

Which contradicts what he said 10 minutes earlier.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Coach9;n75087 said:
Seems like she is trying to maintain a bargaining chip so they can't come back at her for filing false charges.

Pretty standard. She's agreeing to drop the complaint, while not waving any of here rights.

Let's hope the suspension is lifted.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Moral of the story, never have a 3 way with silo Johnson

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Huntley Johnson is certainly under the impression that Harris' suspension has been lifted:

@osgators: Johnson said he Harris can make up his course work: "He is a UF student again. I couldn't be happier. the university did the right thing."

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.