Trouble in Tusky

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If Satan does go to the NFL, my $$$ will be on Kirby getting the job. He's waiting on UGAly but they'll likely keep Rev. Richt.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
TN G8tr;n312131 said:
If Satan does go to the NFL, my $$$ will be on Kirby getting the job. He's waiting on UGAly but they'll likely keep Rev. Richt.

That is what I think as well. Best that they do it quickly if it really is going to happen. If UGA makes a change and hires Kirby, then Saban leaves could they hire him back?

Lots of options.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
If the rumors make the bammers nervous, it's a win. I'll admit, I suspect Mac would be their #1 candidate, which makes ME nervous...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
gatormandan;n312157 said:
Mac is a gator...

Mac is an employee of we Gators, never forget that. No matter what, all coaches that are not graduates of UF are hired employees. Over time they may become so associated with us that they become Gators of a sort, but never confuse those that are paid to be here with those who actually choose to be here always. Even some Gators actually go elsewhere and become employees, eventually they may come home either as employees or fans.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
ChiefGator;n312179 said:
Mac is an employee of we Gators, never forget that. No matter what, all coaches that are not graduates of UF are hired employees. Over time they may become so associated with us that they become Gators of a sort, but never confuse those that are paid to be here with those who actually choose to be here always. Even some Gators actually go elsewhere and become employees, eventually they may come home either as employees or fans.

Totally aware of all of this. I just feel like Mac is happy to be a gator at least for now. I know coaches bolt when you dont expect them to but I have a feeling Mac is here to build his dynasty....

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
ChiefGator;n312179 said:
Agree, Muskchimp sold himself as pure Gator but how much of a Gator does he feel like now? If tricky nick did happen to leave, Foley would have to be prepared to stop being a cheap-azz and loosen the purse strings.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Who knows what goes on in the minds of these coaches. Ever since Spurrier bolted for the NFL and then shocked me doubly by taking the USCe job I've given up on predicting what a coach would do.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ChiefGator;312179 said:

Are you implying that he's a Bammer? If anything, he's a West Coast guy.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Following Saban would be an unenviable task, imo.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I won't miss him if he leave for the NFL.

I don't think Mac would go there knowing that he can make the SECCG every year with the East, with the Gators and then winning in Atlanta should make the playoffs. Also Gville is a way better town than any other college town in the SEC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fooley wasn't completely successful in turning us into a Sunbelt team. I don't think we lose an HC any time soon.

Last edited:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
It's his damn fault that we didn't have Brees.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
According to the bio, Saban wanted Brees but allowed himself to be overruled. Of course, had he insisted he could have gotten his way. Also, it is mama that especially likes the college atmosphere and will be the main reason he stays. I think he stays put because he's old like me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.