Truth Takes: And That's The Bottom Line...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I will be negative Nancy some again. Our run blocking is still terrible as the RBs only had like 60 yards I think against KY. As far as Trask I think it was possibly a mirage we saw due to KY losing those players and having a poor secondary even before that. That soft coverage made things easy. Tennessee's biggest weakness so far is the D line so hopefully we can run on them and get that going.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
My rewatch would say FF had more yards in the air. He had some deep shots and several 30 yd completions with little YAC.
Franks threw two kinds of passes: At the LOS and 40+ yards downfield. That's it.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
So do you think we win if Franks stays in the game? Does he complete the same throws?

No, we lose. Franks doesn't process the field and release the ball fast enough to complete those passes. On the positive side, Franks would have been scrambling more, had some good runs, and completed a few different passes.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So do you think we win if Franks stays in the game? Does he complete the same throws?

I think if Frank's didn't turn it over again and KY had the same screw ups we probably would have but it would have been on other types of passes.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
There's absolutely no question about it. None.
We had 45 minutes of evidence to build a trend off of. Maybe we get another TD but I don’t think we win. Franks had 6 drives and produced 10 points - could’ve been more but penalties and a missed FG negated that. Trask had 4 drives and produced 19 points.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did anybody happen to pay attention to the holding penalties, delay of game, false starts after Trask came in? It could be just my imagination, but it seemed to me when he came in, the ball was getting snapped quicker, it was getting thrown quicker, and there was less drive killing stupid penalties as a result. I don't have the game recorded so can't go back and look at that myself.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
To me the handoff for the jet sweep at the end was a thing of beauty, the timing couldn't have been better, it looked like a run up the gut all the way.
The dynamics of being thrown into the fire at a moments notice and having a week to think about it will be interesting to see play out.
I think Trask will look good Sat.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He had 2 30 yd completions
I feel like I remember a few come-from-behind victories with Frank's throwing the ball in the 4th quarter.

im just not really sure why we always wait till the 4th quarter to try the forward pass.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Did anybody happen to pay attention to the holding penalties, delay of game, false starts after Trask came in? It could be just my imagination, but it seemed to me when he came in, the ball was getting snapped quicker, it was getting thrown quicker, and there was less drive killing stupid penalties as a result. I don't have the game recorded so can't go back and look at that myself.

I'm sure we didn't change to quicker plays at all, further, honest question, how many false starts did we have in the entire game? It's alright, you can answer.

Also, if you have internet, youtube does have the game, at least InAllKindsofWeather 15 minute version. Also, if you have cable, you can log into WatchEspn, I think the game is still on there, both the Sky Cam and Broadcast versions...

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I'm sure we didn't change to quicker plays at all, further, honest question, how many false starts did we have in the entire game? It's alright, you can answer.

Also, if you have internet, youtube does have the game, at least InAllKindsofWeather 15 minute version. Also, if you have cable, you can log into WatchEspn, I think the game is still on there, both the Sky Cam and Broadcast versions...
Libgator does some great stuff too. Condenses it many different ways. Easy to find on YouTube.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Libgator does some great stuff too. Condenses it many different ways. Easy to find on YouTube.

Very true. I think I have seen a full version of this one, but don't want to say for sure. I do love the collection of IAKOW.

Although since its UT week, I have BVD queued up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.