Truth Takes: Charlotte Preview 2023

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Any passing scheme that includes 75% hitches will never be considered dynamic, no matter how talented the QB and R's are...

Running a hitch is a classic example of "Scared Money"! Conservative and safe.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Any passing scheme that includes 75% hitches will never be considered dynamic, no matter how talented the QB and R's are...

Running a hitch is a classic example of "Scared Money"! Conservative and safe.
IDGAF if our passing game is considered "dynamic" or not - I care if we are WINNING the damn games. This complete obsession with passing goes too far.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
IDGAF if our passing game is considered "dynamic" or not - I care if we are WINNING the damn games. This complete obsession with passing goes too far.
It's not so much a fascination over a passing spectacular. It's a desire for company in an important aspect of the modern game. It's a fear that the pedestrian passing game will cost us games against good defenses.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's not so much a fascination over a passing spectacular. It's a desire for company in an important aspect of the modern game. It's a fear that the pedestrian passing game will cost us games against good defenses.
It's a self-correcting problem. Either we keep winning with a 1950's offense and still haul in top 5 recruiting classes, or he'll end up like the other failed coaches here who tried to run 1950's offenses. It is what it is at this point.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
This is not a 1950's offense. Do I want to see us strike with some deeper passes when they are there? Of course, because we may really need to at some point. And it's fun, cool and attracts talent. I still would be surprised if it doesn't evolve.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Has anybody given any thought that since Mertz doesn't throw anything over 10 yards the receivers just give up on routes. Unless you didn't get enough sprints in practice why run 20+ yard routes? :lol:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Has anybody given any thought that since Mertz doesn't throw anything over 10 yards the receivers just give up on routes. Unless you didn't get enough sprints in practice why run 20+ yard routes? :lol:
There are multiple theories.

I prefer the " BN is going to sandbag on the passing game as much as possible and develop the rushing attack until the Leghumper game, then he's going to open it up so much, the Ole Ball coach will turn green with envy" theory.

Loveandlistings GIF by VH1

Last edited:

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
And this game is an example of how a passing game that can’t get receivers open can bring your team down to Charlotte level. I’m hoping Jeremiah Smith didn’t come to this game unless Billy wanted to make sure he attends Ohio State

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Of course it isn't. Why bother arguing with these haters?
Why do you think anyone who doesn't share your obsession is a Hater?

Or is it just the Vodka talking?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I really think they think in terms of the whole season. Do what ya need to do to win because that's the most important thing. Then show something new at the right time.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I really think they think in terms of the whole season. Do what ya need to do to win because that's the most important thing. Then show something new at the right time.
I guess we’ll see about that next week. Kentucky is 4-0.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
And this game is an example of how a passing game that can’t get receivers open can bring your team down to Charlotte level. I’m hoping Jeremiah Smith didn’t come to this game unless Billy wanted to make sure he attends Ohio State
I don’t know if you watched much of the tOSU game last night but their offense blew too and they were fortunate to win.

We have one big advantage over them in recruiting Smith: he’s certain to start here on day one. tOSU’s wr room is pretty loaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.