Truth Takes: Is Mullen Comparable to Zook?

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It depends on which poison you pick.

Zook was a fantastic recruiter. The stash he left Meyer started the Meyer run. He was a mind numbingly horrible game time coach. He might still be here if he'd cut his game time communication with the rest of the coaching staff and hired a really good OC and DC. His pressers were also painful but we could have tolerated that.

Mullen is a disaster as a recruiter and a marginally better game time coach. Truth is no matter who he hires he will fail.

So pick your poison. Zook was fatal to the program but sowed the seeds for better days. Mullen is simply fatal. I guess, in spite of the fact that I was at the Zook games and regularly screamed at the top of my lungs, what the hell are you doing, I'd pick Zook as better. That my friends is a pathetic choice.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
One of the truest college football adages...

If you are going to miss on an HC or there's no sure fire hire, miss on a guy who recruits well. When/if he's eventually fired, the next guy has the table set properly from the start.

Mullen is a disaster at crootin. Enough said.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
One of the truest college football adages...

If you are going to miss on an HC or there's no sure fire hire, miss on a guy who recruits well. When/if he's eventually fired, the next guy has the table set properly from the start.

Mullen is a disaster at crootin. Enough said.
Thats why I say we can't go wrong with Cristobal. Its all about crootin.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I know that once Mullen leaves and the program is in a hole deeper than at the moment the doofuses that still aren't sure he's not not the guy, or what do some say "I'm still leaning to Mullen being the guy but".... Everyone will see what a disaster this overpaid self absorbed idiot is. At least by then his brand and credibility will be destroyed.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Only in that one has courage and a heart, but no brain, while the other has a brain(ish), but no heart and no courage...

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Honestly, you've gone into full blithering idiot mode. That's about all I've read.

What you meant to say is that the numbers aren't comparable (2 top 5 finishes vs zero, and the numbers would be more telling if you showed the top 150 players signed by each) but you think you should grade the Hunchback on some curve you made up.

Even the offense of stats you mentioned, two number one offenses for Zook, frankly at a time before offenses in the SEC had devolved into caveman pr sideways option stuff, show even is this mythical offensive genius..... Mullinz couldnt keep up with Ron Fuchsing Zook.

But what else should we expect from someone who predicted 12-0 last year and this year. I hope you're more insightful at work than this.

With all due respect.

I gave you a face palm fir this post. It was the only negative rating you didn't have.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is a sad thread. Shows how far we have fallen. We thought Zook was unimaginably bad. Who’d have known we’d hire three guys even worse within 15 years of his departure.

It’s truly hard to believe the consistent level of incompetence within the administration. It’s exacerbated by the fact that Fooley and Scottie have been paid nearly $1 million per year to suck at their jobs.
How does one go about getting one of those jobs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.