Tuesday Favorites…. Chips and Dip

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Enough of that goodness would help my cardiologist put his kids through Yale! :lol2:

I love a good clam dip made with double cream cheese bars, 2 cans of clams and some Worcestershire sauce! Ruffles are the perfect chips for that!
Do a search on this site for "eggnog" for my research on how it clears arteries... just take a shot after eating the dip, heart should be good!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don’t think I’ve ever eaten chips and dip. Anyone else love caponata?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Here is my problem with Italian schit... Without a little parenthetical explanation (or picture) of what in the actual fuk "caponata" is on the menu below a word like "caponata," I don't know whether it's going to be something I love, or something that tastes like homeless eggplant ass! :lol:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I had to look it up. Sorry, but in the redneck panhandle a “relish of eggplant” wouldn’t pass for chips and dip. For one, I don’t think it pairs well with PBR. I grew up eating eggplant, however, but it was sliced thin, seasoned with S&P, mealed, and fried. Granddaddy called it “poor man‘s oysters,” as it resembled the texture and taste, somewhat, of a fried oyster. But when it was time for chips and dip, usually a birthday or holiday get together, the staple was Ruffles and sour cream/Lipton’s onion soup mix dip. Pretty simple but as good as we knew at the time. I wish there was some way to turn back the clock and introduce you to this type of chips and dip. And PBR. Good chance you’d have given up your skateboard for hunting and fishing :lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@Detroitgator
@cover2

For the record, I didn’t grow up in some odd Italian only household. I’ve seen chips and dip before at Super Bowl parties, weddings, receptions, or funerals. But I was also a very analytical, “why” kid. And the idea that this concoction whose ingredients no one really knows, and that is so good it’s only offered when people get married or die, should just be eaten with no questions asked didn’t sit well with me.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
@Detroitgator
@cover2

For the record, I didn’t grow up in some odd Italian only household. I’ve seen chips and dip before at Super Bowl parties, weddings, receptions, or funerals. But I was also a very analytical, “why” kid. And the idea that this concoction whose ingredients no one really knows, and that is so good it’s only offered when people get married or die, should just be eaten with no questions asked didn’t sit well with me.
You are what you eat…
Dirty Mind Dance GIF

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Detroitgator
@cover2

Fair enough, but that blows the image I had of your family…

IMG_0260.jpeg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
@Detroitgator
@cover2

Phoebe Buffay Wow GIF by Friends

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Detroitgator
@cover2

This explains your anger issues.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
@Detroitgator
@cover2

On a related note... it was the real Apollonia Vitelli's birthday last week... she'd get the eggplant for sure!
Dance Dancing GIF by bakubaku the cockroach

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
@Detroitgator
@cover2

I just read this post about 3-4 times and for some reason, NOTHING I can point you to, just pisses me off and makes me sad all at the same time.

I am going to need a bit to sort this out.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand the eggplant reference, and I don't really need to know.

However good baba ghanoush and pita bread make for an egg-cellent chip and dip dish.
I'm sure if you think LONG and HARD about it, that the answer will cum to you sooner rather than later..

edit: for the Boomers and Gen X'ers who still don't get it: Urban Dictionary: eggplant emoji

progressive parents.jpg

Last edited:

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand the eggplant reference, and I don't really need to know.

However good baba ghanoush and pita bread make for an egg-cellent chip and dip dish.
Understandable. It marks the moment Sofl pooh-poohed chips and dips but extolled the virtues of Caponata. A serious breech of SE United States party / get together etiquette.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator