Tuesday Favorites…. Chips and Dip

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
If you were to sit down with a bag of chips and dip at home, what kind would it be?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't do chips and dip often, but I like to throw a large can of nacho cheese dip in the crockpot with a stick of cream cheese, can of Ro-Tel, and 1 lb of ground hot sausage (cooked and drained). Any tortilla chip works fine with this.

If feeling lazy, Ruffles and French onion dip always work well together.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
If you were to sit down with a bag of chips and dip at home, what kind would it be?
Original Lay's, mix my own dip with sour cream, minced onion, and garlic salt.

And in an effort to derail the thread, to this day, my favorite (and Wife approves this message) "chips and queso" was from the early 90's at the old El Toro on 13th just past SW 16th Ave. It was next to the old Cedar River location, where the big CVS is now.

Change sucks!

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
We have something in KY called beer cheese. I guess it’s similar to pimento cheese(which I don’t eat) however instead of mayonnaise it uses beer. It’s also blended smooth and not left chunky. Not a fan of velveeta but it makes it so smooth.

Beer cheese is great with tortilla chips, pretzels or carrots.

1701188615555.jpeg

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
We have something in KY called beer cheese. I guess it’s similar to pimento cheese(which I don’t eat) however instead of mayonnaise it uses beer. It’s also blended smooth and not left chunky. Not a fan of velveeta but it makes it so smooth.

Beer cheese is great with tortilla chips, pretzels or carrots.

View attachment 64552
Beer cheese, bourbon, whatever other alcoholic drinks ya'll can find...Makes me think Kentucky is the United State's version of Ireland... Bunch of alcoholics... :shakehead:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Beer cheese, bourbon, whatever other alcoholic drinks ya'll can find...Makes me think Kentucky is the United State's version of Ireland... Bunch of alcoholics... :shakehead:
Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Tortilla chips and a good, chunky salsa or pico de gallo are my favorites for a simple chip and dip. Add some kind of melted cheese or good cheese dip (like above) if I want to really enjoy the chips.

Used to love Fritos and bean dip when I was a kid, but as I age, the gas, while still funny, doesn't work so well with my system.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Tortilla chips and a good, chunky salsa or pico de gallo are my favorites for a simple chip and dip. Add some kind of melted cheese or good cheese dip (like above) if I want to really enjoy the chips.

Used to love Fritos and bean dip when I was a kid, but as I age, the gas, while still funny, doesn't work so well with my system.
Ditto on the Pico and also guacamole. Also would get the lime tortilla chips.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I started eating guac in the last 15 years and love it. Before that I don’t think I even knew what an avocado was but I draw the line at toast.
I have never liked it. Just had some the other day on green pork Chile smothered carne asada fries. Forgot to ask for it on the side for my wife. Gave it a shot thinking my taste may have changed. Nope...still don't like it (or sour cream - when my milk goes bad, I throw it away rather than marking it up and putting it on good food).

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I started eating guac in the last 15 years and love it. Before that I don’t think I even knew what an avocado was but I draw the line at toast.
I’m not wild about plain avocado, but making the guacamole with onion, garlic, S&P, cilantro, and lime juice is pretty sporty. The only time I ever remember eating avocado growing up, my grandmother would make a salad with it, boiled egg, lettuce, onion, and mayo that wasn’t too bad.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have never liked it. Just had some the other day on green pork Chile smothered carne asada fries. Forgot to ask for it on the side for my wife. Gave it a shot thinking my taste may have changed. Nope...still don't like it (or sour cream - when my milk goes bad, I throw it away rather than marking it up and putting it on good food).
For a lot of folks the texture of the guacamole is off-putting I think.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
For a lot of folks the texture of the guacamole is off-putting I think.
Could be. For me, it is the taste. Don't like avocados at all.

My wife does a frijole dip with refried beans, Mexican cheese blend and salsa. Kind of takes the place of the old bean dip...but we usually eat it with taquitos and chips.

Seedy

Totally not CDGator
Oct 17, 2020
Jack’s Salsa & Costco Chips (dunno the brand)

Or

Pretzel Crisps and beer cheese.

Wash down with tequila.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.