Tuesday Favorites…. Chips and Dip

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Wife brought home some "Elote Corn Chips Dippers with a Mexican-style Street Corn Flavored Seasoning" from Trader Joe's. Just had a few. They are pretty darn good.

Supposed to be good with some matching dip, but the DIL ate it all yesterday.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Jack’s Salsa & Costco Chips (dunno the brand)

Or

Pretzel Crisps and beer cheese.

Wash down with tequila.
We haven’t had Costco chips in over 3 years. Are you subtly telling me you don’t like the ones I’ve been buying?

:britney:

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
depends on the dip, if store bought, Hella good dip.. if homemade, Mrs Dougie makes a seven layer bean dip that takes two days,but worth the wait.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Original Lay's, mix my own dip with sour cream, minced onion, and garlic salt.

And in an effort to derail the thread, to this day, my favorite (and Wife approves this message) "chips and queso" was from the early 90's at the old El Toro on 13th just past SW 16th Ave. It was next to the old Cedar River location, where the big CVS is now.

Change sucks!

El Toro is now in Alachua... it's still not bad.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PS Fritos brought back BBQ Fritos after dumping them for about 10 years.
wife made chili on Sunday and bought of bag of BBQ fritos to put on top. I stopped in my tracks and stared at them. My brain couldnt quite piece it together. She finally asks what I am looking at. "Have these been in the pantry for the past 10 years?" :lol:

She had no idea what I was talking about.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
wife made chili on Sunday and bought of bag of BBQ fritos to put on top. I stopped in my tracks and stared at them. My brain couldnt quite piece it together. She finally asks what I am looking at. "Have these been in the pantry for the past 10 years?" :lol:

She had no idea what I was talking about.
For the first year or so after they stopped making them, Winn-Dixie had a copy under their name, but it wasn't quite the same and they eventually stopped and left the void open until now. (pre-emptive "T's mom's void is never left open")

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For the first year or so after they stopped making them, Winn-Dixie had a copy under their name, but it wasn't quite the same and they eventually stopped and left the void open until now. (pre-emptive "T's mom's void is never left open")

That's because she fits all of URG to his ankles in there

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I like the Liptons Onion Soup Mix mixed with sour cream, eaten with Cape Cod potato chips.

I also love dipping pretzels in Shrimp Butter. That one just requires more effort and time.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I like the Liptons Onion Soup Mix mixed with sour cream, eaten with Cape Cod potato chips.

I also love dipping pretzels in Shrimp Butter. That one just requires more effort and time.
Explain the shrimp butter. Is this a specific dip or the left over scampi seasoning?

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
Explain the shrimp butter. Is this a specific dip or the left over scampi seasoning?
Here's the recipe... it's so good...

Ingredients​

• ¾ cup butter, softened
  • 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
  • 2 (4 ounce) cans shrimp, drained
  • 1 tablespoon chopped onion
  • 3 tablespoons lemon juice
  • ½ teaspoon garlic salt
  • ¼ cup mayonnaise

Directions​

Place butter and cream cheese into a medium bowl; beat with an electric mixer. Add shrimp, onion, lemon juice, garlic salt, and mayonnaise; beat until fluffy. Cover and chill for several hours. Bring to room temperature before serving.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

Ingredients​

• ¾ cup butter, softened
  • ½ teaspoon garlic salt
  • ¼ cup mayonnaise

Directions​

Place butter and cream cheese into a medium bowl; beat with an electric mixer. Add shrimp, onion, lemon juice, garlic salt, and mayonnaise; beat until fluffy. Cover and chill for several hours. Bring to room temperature before serving.

Never heard of it before. Sounds good-ish

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017

Ingredients​

• ¾ cup butter, softened
  • ½ teaspoon garlic salt
  • ¼ cup mayonnaise

Directions​

Enough of that goodness would help my cardiologist put his kids through Yale! :lol2:

I love a good clam dip made with double cream cheese bars, 2 cans of clams and some Worcestershire sauce! Ruffles are the perfect chips for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.