Tuesday Favorites...Best invention of the 21st century

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
So far what's been the best invention of the 21st century?

For me, it's been the smartwatch. Seedy's obnoxious alarm clock would go off starting at 5:30am and he would hit snooze every 9 minutes for an hour. Now his watch only wakes him up.

Going from this:
upload_2021-7-13_10-5-52.jpeg

To this:

upload_2021-7-13_10-7-44.jpeg

Has been life changing :lol:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
yoga pants

It's like fire - it can be beneficial or it can singe the eyes:

tj1p1.jpg

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
upload_2021-7-13_17-55-19.jpeg

My adult life reached a great new level after I got my first one. Never more did I have to drink tepid beer or make an emergency run when the game went into extra innings and I haven’t had to argue with the missus about misuse of refrigerator space.

Our first neighbor after I got married was a touring pro among beer drinkers. He had a floor receptacle put in next to his recliner and bought a mini fridge that sat next to it in the family room (it also served as an end table). I believe he avoided sobriety for about 30 years. He was a hoot. He was my idol.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020

My adult life reached a great new level after I got my first one. Never more did I have to drink tepid beer or make an emergency run when the game went into extra innings and I haven’t had to argue with the missus about misuse of refrigerator space.

Our first neighbor after I got married was a touring pro among beer drinkers. He had a floor receptacle put in next to his recliner and bought a mini fridge that sat next to it in the family room (it also served as an end table). I believe he avoided sobriety for about 30 years. He was a hoot. He was my idol.

upload_2021-7-13_18-33-16.gif

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Mini fridges have been around for a long time before the turn of the century, but, as I realize it takes awhile for modern inventions to eventually work their way down to Bainbridge, I'll give you a pass.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mini fridges have been around for a long time before the turn of the century, but, as I realize it takes awhile for modern inventions to eventually work their way down to Bainbridge, I'll give you a pass.
At my age, the turn of the century still means from the 1800’s to the 1900’s :). I recall my granddaddy talking about their first refrigerator, which required a weekly delivery of block ice from the ice plant. He used to joke that he came home early from work one day and snuck up behind my grandmama, who was on her knees in the kitchen cleaning the baseboards, and slapped her on the behind. She never turned around, but said “ten pounds, please!” She’d get fightin’ mad when he’d tell that in front of friends!

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
At my age, the turn of the century still means from the 1800’s to the 1900’s :). I recall my granddaddy talking about their first refrigerator, which required a weekly delivery of block ice from the ice plant. He used to joke that he came home early from work one day and snuck up behind my grandmama, who was on her knees in the kitchen cleaning the baseboards, and slapped her on the behind. She never turned around, but said “ten pounds, please!” She’d get fightin’ mad when he’d tell that in front of friends!
Sounds like Grandmama was buying more than ice... But that's none of my business... ;)

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
iPhone (I will begrudgingly say smartphone, but iPhone drove the category).

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Almost said it too but then I wonder if we are really better off with them.

I thought about that, but I think every revolutionary innovation always comes with good and bad. If you allowed a 10 year buffer, I would have put the World Wide Web - think about the incredible good that has come from that, as well as some tremendous evil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator