Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
How do you choose your gas station?

Price
Quality

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I used to look for the cheapest price when looking to buy gas. There was a time where I looked for gas stations that actually had gas. Now, I don't look at gas prices much any more because they are all too high so if I need gas I just stop and get gas.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
King Soopers (Kroger affiliate out here in Colorado) gives fuel points on all of your grocery purchases.
Usually takes off about 10 cents a gallon.

Otherwise...
Back in Tennessee and Virginia - I used to hit Sheetz a lot for gas...
Also
Most of them were new and had absolutely nothing of nutritional value whatsoever to eat, which is great.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
As seen in LA

fd476d32c15acbbf.jpg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Kroger is close and easy for us plus as Diddy mentioned, we get fuel points with groceries. Lately I've been using Sam's because it's easily .15 - .20 cheaper than Kroger. However, my 4Runner runs best with gas from Costco.

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Arco right down the road; cheapest around too. Otherwise I’ll hit Rick’s Chevron on my way home from work sometimes for convenience - he’s my local mechanic too and need to do him some business when he’s not working on either of my 90s vehicles.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’m always amazed at the people I see going in and coming out of gas stations while I’m at the pump. Given modern technology, outside of just wanting to wait in line to also purchase a handful of unnecessary items at 3 times the standard cost, what on earth could possibly possess someone to do such a thing?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’m always amazed at the people I see going in and coming out of gas stations while I’m at the pump. Given modern technology, outside of just wanting to wait in line to also purchase a handful of unnecessary items at 3 times the standard cost, what on earth could possibly possess someone to do such a thing?
Convenience

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Chevron, Texaco

Exxon, Mobile

Shell

Anything else

In that order... when I got my Mustang in 06, I charted how much mile I got per gallon by brand. The different between the first tier and 2nd tear was roughly 18% more miles per gallon. I keep the chart going for almost a decade the results stayed consistent.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Chevron, Texaco

Exxon, Mobile

Shell

Anything else

In that order... when I got my Mustang in 06, I charted how much mile I got per gallon by brand. The different between the first tier and 2nd tear was roughly 18% more miles per gallon. I keep the chart going for almost a decade the results stayed consistent.

I remember my mom calculating MPG at every fill up when I was a kid. She kept it on a piece of paper to track it. :lol:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Convenience

But I see people pulling in to a space, not by a pump, to get sodas, chips, smokes, etc. What I don't understand is surely this isn't the first time you realized you needed those things. Why weren't they purchased elsewhere at a fraction of the cost and brought from home. How has this stop added convenience? It's a total lack of preparation and/or discipline. I feel the same with places like Starbucks, or any popular coffee place. I see drive thru lines wrapped around the building and people frantically grabbing their pre-ordered order on the way to work then fighting to get out of the parking lot. Do these people not own a coffee maker? You can buy their coffee at Publix for far less, and make an even better version of it at home in under 2 min. Time, money, stress. There are so many ways that these moves are counterproductive and make no sense.

Back to the original subject, I used to love Coastal when I had my first car. I don't think it was actually even gas, but it worked and was always the cheapest.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But I see people pulling in to a space, not by a pump, to get sodas, chips, smokes, etc. What I don't understand is surely this isn't the first time you realized you needed those things. Why weren't they purchased elsewhere at a fraction of the cost and brought from home. How has this stop added convenience? It's a total lack of preparation and/or discipline.
I go to a buddy's house every week to drink beer and watch football. Every week I go straight to his house from the gym. Every week I stop at a gas station that's right on the way to his house and buy beer.

I suppose I could drive out of the way to save a buck or I could put beer in a cooler with ice and leave it in my car while I'm at the gym, but that would be awfully inconvenient.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I go to a buddy's house every week to drink beer and watch football. Every week I go straight to his house from the gym. Every week I stop at a gas station that's right on the way to his house and buy beer.

I suppose I could drive out of the way to save a buck or I could put beer in a cooler with ice and leave it in my car while I'm at the gym, but that would be awfully inconvenient.

There are always exceptions. I still don't know how much time you're saving going to a gas station as opposed to a liquor or grocery store unless they're just way out of the way. But fair enough.

Also, you go straight to his house and actually hang out for hours after the gym? No shower?

There was a time in my life where some considered me to be overly analytical. But as you can see, those days are well behind me.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Do these people not own a coffee maker?

uh, hello cis-gender hetero male... I cannot make a Venti Caramel Ribbon Crunch Soy Frappuccino with xtra caramel drizzle, whipped cream, caramel crunch, heavy cream with a mix of Honey Blend and Frappuccino Roast coffees, ... AT HOME!!

soy-rage-soy.gif

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I personally like the larger gas stations like Racetrack or the newer Gate stations.

They recently built a new Buccee’s here in Jacksonville.
I’ve seen those in Texas before.

You can get anything from home made candy and fudge to Venison, Turkey , beef, bison and whatever kind of jerky you prefer, along with fresh bread or maybe a new Cast iron Grill/Smoker.

Those are a bit “too big” for me, unless I’m towing a camper or something and feel more comfortable with all the room and the 200 Pumps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.