Tuesday Favorites...Something good from Covid years

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Made a lot of money. Win over uga in 2020. Took some more simple trips as a family. Discovered there were even more people to laugh at then I’d thought. And the Dinner thread.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I've covered Federal agencies for a long time now, mainly Energy and NASA, and I was always on the road while working out of a home office.
I would always get the side glance when I was in the 'real' office, like...
"What are you doing in the office? Shouldn't you be out visiting customers?"

So when COVID hit - not much changed.

Now though... a ton of customers who were easy to reach onsite at their respective locations are now also working from home.
Harder to get onsite meetings these days.

Oh ... and I grew a beard.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Or 50 Ways to Wok Your Dog

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Yeah, I've been working from home since 2019.
I still have to get out and visit my locations every now and then and still have projects with branches closing and moving people around to other offices etc.
Although, Since Covid, when we close out a lease and move everyone, there are only 20 employees, instead of 200 to move.
So, that's a good thing....

The bad side is multiple damn conference calls and teams meetings. Clogs up the calendar. Especially that damn 4;45 Teams call on Friday!!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I still have to get out and visit my locations every now and then and still have projects with branches closing and moving people around to other offices etc.
Although, Since Covid, when we close out a lease and move everyone, there are only 20 employees, instead of 200 to move.

The bad side is multiple damn conference calls and teams meetings. Clogs up the calendar. Especially that damn 4;45 Teams call on Friday!!
Any supervisor who schedules a meeting at 4:45 on a Friday (or 8 am on a Monday) is an azzhole.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020

Start working earlier on Friday so you can get off BEFORE 4:45. Let your boss know that you will no longer be available for that time slot so they will need to move that call to much earlier.
200w.gif

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
COVID brought out a lot of authoritarians and sheeple. They are now identified and can be properly accorded the disrespect they deserve. For that, I am thankful!
I’d add that an additional pleasure is the giant STFU sandwich the vaxx zealots are choking on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.