Tuesday Favorites....Western/Cowboy flix

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Treat yourself and go watch John Wayne in, "The Cowboys." You can thank me later. Maybe not one of his best movies but it is by far not his worst.

I just never into JW in movies other than westerns...

Was there another JW movie where he died at the hands of the "bad guys?" I don't consider "The Shootest" in that category because he went out on HIS terms since he was dying of cancer in the movie and in reality.
The dirty Japs killed SGT Stryker, and another dirty Jap killed him when he was a fightin' seabee, and the dirty Mexicans obviously got him at the Alamo... without looking, I think there are actually a couple of others.

Last edited:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
The dirty Japs killed SGT Stryker, and another dirty Jap killed him when he was a fightin' seabee, and the dirty Mexicans obviously got him at the Alamo... without looking, I think there are actually a couple of others.
I meant westerns... I even said that got into JW movies other than westerns... :headslap:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

The amount of racism in Carpetbagger's post. You can feel how he wants to use other terms.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
and she laughed, it was cute
Were you watching?

200w.gif

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
He also dies in “The Man who Shot Liberty Valance.” Pretty sure that’s his only movie death of natural causes.

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020
Treat yourself and go watch John Wayne in, "The Cowboys." You can thank me later. Maybe not one of his best movies but it is by far not his worst.

I just never into JW in movies other than westerns...

Was there another JW movie where he died at the hands of the "bad guys?" I don't consider "The Shootest" in that category because he went out on HIS terms since he was dying of cancer in the movie and in reality.
He didn't lose a gun fight. He was shot in the back by the weasel bartender.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
He didn't lose a gun fight. He was shot in the back by the weasel bartender.
I think being "shot in the back by the weasel bartender" still constitutes a bad guy. But as I said, JW still went out HIS way in the Shootest IMO. He knew that he likely would be killed when he entered that bar. He facilitated his own passing...

Then just last night, The Alamo came on and he died at the hands of the Mexican army. Kind of a war/western movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator