Tyler Jordan enrolls early

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n221737 said:
yikes, hope that picture is decieving or that he puts on a considerable amount of weight before the fall b/c that looks more like a TE than an OL to me :eek:

Wearing black makes you look slimmer.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I say that he is considerably bigger than a TE. He is about 280 pounds. Not a 300 pound monster but still more than Humphries and Nixon when they arrived.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
Has anyone else heard the rumor that QB Luke Del-Rio and an Offensive lineman are transferring in and will enroll into Summer A?

I don't think there's any way Del-Rio would be eligible to play this season. He originally enrolled at Alabama in January, 2013. He's only been in school for 2 1/2 years. Even if he took a full load of classes in the summers, I think it's highly unlikely he's graduated already. I wouldn't mind having another QB on the roster but I seriously doubt he'd be eligible to play this year.

I'm hoping against hope we have some surprise graduate transfers on the OL this summer. WE NEED THEM. A few extra healthy and experienced offensive lineman could likely mean the difference between a good first season for Coach Mac and company or a decent season (at best) or a terrible season (at worst). If we go into the season as is, I really don't look for us to be more than a 6 or 7 win team next year.

TNgator20

Jan 8, 2015
I wish some UF booster would drop some bags at the parent's of that big Notre Dame OL transfer...I think his name was Matt Hegerty or something.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
So this guy just needs to wear a different color?

Attachments

• conv_3177.jpg
    conv_3177.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 39

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
TNgator20;n221777 said:
I wish some UF booster would drop some bags at the parent's of that big Notre Dame OL transfer...I think his name was Matt Hegerty or something.
Screw that! All they need to do is call me and I will do it for them for FREE!

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Alagator;n221770 said:
I don't think there's any way Del-Rio would be eligible to play this season. He originally enrolled at Alabama in January, 2013. He's only been in school for 2 1/2 years. Even if he took a full load of classes in the summers, I think it's highly unlikely he's graduated already. I wouldn't mind having another QB on the roster but I seriously doubt he'd be eligible to play this year.

I'm hoping against hope we have some surprise graduate transfers on the OL this summer. WE NEED THEM. A few extra healthy and experienced offensive lineman could likely mean the difference between a good first season for Coach Mac and company or a decent season (at best) or a terrible season (at worst). If we go into the season as is, I really don't look for us to be more than a 6 or 7 win team next year.
Alagator;n221770 said:

Like I said I'm hearing he'll be eligible this season. I am with you though because I just don't see how he could of graduated already. Either way, I'll be glad to have him on board. Del-rio already knows the system and will be able to teach it to our Offense during the offseason. So it's a Win for us either way.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
Like I said I'm hearing he'll be eligible this season. I am with you though because I just don't see how he could of graduated already. Either way, I'll be glad to have him on board. Del-rio already knows the system and will be able to teach it to our Offense during the offseason. So it's a Win for us either way.

Looks like he transferred from Bama to Oregon State last year and was granted a immediate playing time by the NCAA. He lasted one season and he is now taking another transfer.

People who hop from program-to-program don't generally add value to the programs they hop to.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...-again-luke-del-rio-to-transfer-from-beavers/

TNgator20

Jan 8, 2015
Not sure how to create a new topic but I just saw where Tyrie Cleveland from TX has a big announcement coming soon...hopefully to the good guys and he brings his QB along with him! They are both going to be play makers!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...r-from-tigers/

Maybe we can grab some of the flotsam Mizzu is tossing overboard.

Unofficially, Missouri’s current scholarship count is 87, including the yet-to-be-enrolled 2015 signing class. Missouri has to get to 85 by the start of the season.

That people is just one of the many reasons we have become the New Vandy of the SEC East. We are just praying to have 70-some plus walkons. Self-inflicted stupidity.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n221737 said:
that looks more like a TE than an OL to me
Muststank, is that you?

No 18 yoa freshmen is ever ready to play OL in the SEC. It's just a question of how terrible those guys look once they get on the field. And they will be on the field.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Law98gator;n221982 said:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...r-from-tigers/

Maybe we can grab some of the flotsam Mizzu is tossing overboard.

That people is just one of the many reasons we have become the New Vandy of the SEC East. We are just praying to have 70-some plus walkons. Self-inflicted stupidity.
I see that the AD at Mizzou doesn't have a problem with oversigning. Looks like he's willing to let Pinkle run his own football team and do whatever is necessary to win. Must be nice!

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Marianna said:
I see that the AD at Mizzou doesn't have a problem with oversigning. Looks like he's willing to let Pinkle run his own football team and do whatever is necessary to win. Must be nice!

Wasn't it the President, and not the AD, that said UF would not oversign players?

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Marianna said:
I see that the AD at Mizzou doesn't have a problem with oversigning. Looks like he's willing to let [a Head Coach] run his own football team and do whatever is necessary to win. Must be nice!

:facepalm: This is how you get a program on probation.

All programs should have oversight.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ITS NOT how you get on probation. They are completely within the rules. The rules are 85 at the start of the season or maybe start of practice. We haven't had 85 players since 2008 and the crap on the field is a direct result. We have kids burning schollies for four, five or even six years without contributing sh#$. Meyer invited people who weren't good enough to explore other opportunities. We need to get back to that.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
Law, if ^ to me then my statement was meant for MFLG's comment that giving a Head Coach full control w/zero oversight enables cheating to win games and THAT IS how you get a program on probation.

I wasn't saying the sole act of being over 85 players would do that. But that alone is also against the rules.

His comment was also a thinly veiled attempt to bash Jeremy Foley and like Tebow...there's no need to do that. :wink:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They are NOT outside the rules because the new freshman haven't arrived yet.

I agree. This particular problem appears to be the President not Dooley.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n222128 said:
They are NOT outside the rules because the new freshman haven't arrived yet.

I agree. This particular problem appears to be the President not Dooley.

Simpsons.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.