UCF to offer Miami 2 for 1?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I saw an interview this afternoon with UCF’s coach asking about the 2/1 with Florida. His excuse was that UCF has been a Top 10 team the past 2 years and didn’t feel it was a fair deal.

2 years. :lmao2: That’s some history right there.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I saw an interview this afternoon with UCF’s coach asking about the 2/1 with Florida. His excuse was that UCF has been a Top 10 team the past 2 years and didn’t feel it was a fair deal.

2 years and a 45k stadium they don’t fill consistently.

I think UCF should get a P5 invite if they sustain this. To get there, they need sellouts and expansion.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
UCF doesn't even deserve a 2 for 1 from Florida. Hell, they don't deserve a 2 for 1 from Chili's.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016

Well, when you realize that 2 years is actually a little over 5% of the length of time in which their football team has been in existence . . .

Last edited:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

They are such a big program, the Big-12 won’t even give them the time of day.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
yall-better-hide-yo-titles-cause-ucf-out-here-stealing-errybodys.jpg

images

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
But Omar says they will spank LSU.

I'm sure Omar is spanking something thinking about it - but unless LSU sleep walks into this game there is only one prediction to make:
giphy.gif

With the lone exception of their nose tackle UCF is giving away 30-50 pounds along the line and about 1,500 spots in the recruit rankings. I'm not sure Coach O needs to do anything other than Yawr yawr yawr power left, yawr to bring about the most suffering by knights since Robert the Bruce hoisted them on schiltron formations at Bannockburn.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
With the lone exception of their nose tackle UCF is giving away 30-50 pounds along the line and about 1,500 spots in the recruit rankings. I'm not sure Coach O needs to do anything other than Yawr yawr yawr power left, yawr to bring about the most suffering by knights since Robert the Bruce hoisted them on schiltron formations at Bannockburn.

Pretty much any team that runs a 4-3 type of defense gives away a ton of weight. In football: OL's usually outweigh DL's, even DT's/NG's....and especially a 4-3 DE, who is usually 245-265lbs. So, if a team has 5 OL's that weigh 300+lbs each and a 4-3 team has 2 DE's that weigh 260 each, there's always going to be this disparity. Same w/ most WR's vs. DB's (many WR's are 6'1 to 6'4, while a lot of CB's are 5'10 to 6').

The biggest issue I see w/ UCF's D is that Randy Shannon is the DC....

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
How horrible is Mark Richt? Is he just lazy and content? UGA is killing it after getting rid of him and UM is definitely in a death spiral now.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
Well, when you realize that 2 years is actually a little over 5% of the length of time in which their football team has been in existence . . .

I was there at the very beginning doing local radio. Don Jonas, Sammy Weir for one season and then they went "prime time" and hired Lou Saban. That was a big deal at the time... a former NFL coach who had worked with OJ Simpson. He was a great guy and a great interview (and told great stories) but he quit midway through his second year and left the program in a mountain of debt.

Not sure much has changed since the early days of drawing small crowds to home games and the Gators being the favorite team of most of their fan base!!

AgingGator

Oct 3, 2018
I have watched a lot of UCF football over the last 5 years. Other than the year O' Leary left they have been pretty solid. They definitely deserve to be in a P5 conference. They would be in the top third of the ACC and Big 10, and top half of all of the others except the SEC.

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Pretty much any team that runs a 4-3 type of defense gives away a ton of weight....The biggest issue I see w/ UCF's D is that Randy Shannon is the DC....

Mr "stars matter" doesn't think that the main issue is that UCF doesn't have a guy in the front seven with anywhere near the rating of his counterpart? I kid.

I'll grant you that you're going to see huge differences between WDE and the tackle in 4 man fronts but, at least in our league, the interior lineman and SDEs are heavier. While we haven't recruited many heavy interior DL it's the norm in our league for them to top 300# even when playing four fronts.

For example Auburn is mostly 4-3 over and runs 270-323-330-284 across the line.

Elko runs multiple fronts but A&M showed a lot of 4-man fronts this year. When they were it was 255-300-320-305 across the front.

To your point, Miss State ran 4-2-5 nickle like we did with both interior guys over 300. Their ends were quite a bit lighter than the league average but that was at least in part due to the scheme change. Both Green and Sweat were OLBs in the old scheme and were more or less forced into playing end due to the scheme change.

The weakside of UCF's defense is substantially lighter than what LSU saw this year from just about everyone. They don't match up well physically or talent wise. Do you not expect LSU to be able to line up and blow them off the line?

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I have watched a lot of UCF football over the last 5 years. Other than the year O' Leary left they have been pretty solid. They definitely deserve to be in a P5 conference. They would be in the top third of the ACC and Big 10, and top half of all of the others except the SEC.

The AAC they play in is currently 1-4 in bowls, with that lone win coming over Group of 5 doormat Louisiana-Lafayette. The second best team in their conference - the one UCF beat in come from behind fashion twice, just lost to the football powerhouse that is Wake Forest. Houston was publicly emasculated by freaking Army. ACC cellar dweller (6th in the Coastal Division) Duke beat Temple like a druken-trucker beats a red-headed stepchild.

There are Special Olympics for a reason. We wouldn't think that the guy that wins the SO 100 meter dash belongs in the Gold Medal heat of the 100 at the Olympics. The AAC is the Special Olympics of FBS football and UCF is its champion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.