UF Alum Writing from an upcoming SEC Network Program

fishermb

Feb 20, 2024
Hey fellow Gators!

First time poster here - I'm a 2006 CLAS graduate that works as an archival producer on sports documentary programs. I'm currently working with a director on an upcoming SEC Network program that I can loosely describe as concerning the UF Women's soccer team during the 1990s. We're looking for any super fans out there who might have photos or home movie footage that they are open to sharing with our project. Please shoot me a message on here or give me a shout via email fishermb @ gmail dot com

Thanks so much, and Go Gators!
Matt Fisher
www.lostandfoundrc.com

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
I was a ball-boy for them during those successful years back then and I did their soccer camp every year so I will try to see if I can dig up any pictures, but I doubt I'll have the time with my current busy life. I went to their soccer camp and only have one good story but it would be totally inappropriate for the documentary. I'll tell it here anyway as it's one of my most embarrassing moments to look back on:

I lost some sort of silly tag game that one of the players was having us do (don't remember which player, but it wasn't a starter) so I had to do 10 pushups or something. Had like 10 kids gathered around me in a circle for them and the player was standing over me joking around saying, "who's your daddy!" I was around 8-9 at the time and responded with what I ALWAYS heard my teenage sister say whenever somebody said that (who's your daddy was a super popular thing to say around those days for some reason). Anyway, I blurt out, "I'm YOUR daddy, Slut!" I had no idea what a slut was, but my sister always said it so it must be funny right? Oops. I had to run stadiums for like 20 minutes. Lucked out that nobody told my parents.

Sorry that I probably won't be much help for the article though. Cheers!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
A documentary on women’s soccer? I’m sure dozens of viewers will enjoy it!
Tired Womens Football GIF by UEFA

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I was a ball-boy for them during those successful years back then and I did their soccer camp every year so I will try to see if I can dig up any pictures, but I doubt I'll have the time with my current busy life. I went to their soccer camp and only have one good story but it would be totally inappropriate for the documentary. I'll tell it here anyway as it's one of my most embarrassing moments to look back on:

I lost some sort of silly tag game that one of the players was having us do (don't remember which player, but it wasn't a starter) so I had to do 10 pushups or something. Had like 10 kids gathered around me in a circle for them and the player was standing over me joking around saying, "who's your daddy!" I was around 8-9 at the time and responded with what I ALWAYS heard my teenage sister say whenever somebody said that (who's your daddy was a super popular thing to say around those days for some reason). Anyway, I blurt out, "I'm YOUR daddy, Slut!" I had no idea what a slut was, but my sister always said it so it must be funny right? Oops. I had to run stadiums for like 20 minutes. Lucked out that nobody told my parents.

Sorry that I probably won't be much help for the article though. Cheers!

That’s better than anything he’s gonna get here. Unless he just starts fabricating tales, or buys a bunch of Peterman stories, he’s probably gonna have to run with this. You’re gonna be famous.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
That’s better than anything he’s gonna get here. Unless he just starts fabricating tales, or buys a bunch of Peterman stories, he’s probably gonna have to run with this. You’re gonna be famous.
I was going to throw out a :rainbow: because of "ball boy for soccer," but it was the girls team, so he gets a mild :fistbump:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Matt Fisher shows up and takes a huge beating from our welcoming group. I wouldn't ever expect him to post again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator