7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
OX is probably passed out by now........ :bart:
90s smash GIF

fishermb

Feb 20, 2024
Anyone who thinks our degrees from UF has gone up in value in recent years ought to take a look at the low-rent Peanut Gallery I get to call my fellow alumni on this thread!

So from what yall are saying is, the better question would be, who has home movies of the 1995 Orange & Blue football game, when Spurrier had the soccer coach Becky Burleigh on the sidelines as an honorary coach?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Anyone who thinks our degrees from UF has gone up in value in recent years ought to take a look at the low-rent Peanut Gallery I get to call my fellow alumni on this thread!

So from what yall are saying is, the better question would be, who has home movies of the 1995 Orange & Blue football game, when Spurrier had the soccer coach Becky Burleigh on the sidelines as an honorary coach?

Yeah, you need to stick around. :lol:

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017

Episode 7 Movie GIF by Star Wars

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Your degree is very valuable in Beijing these days so I am told.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Ahh.... let me check.

Wait. I just remembered I was drunk. So, no.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’d still like to get little more Intel on his opinion of early 2000s popular, hypothetically Canadian, rock bands, and his approach to parking. But otherwise yeah, sure.
1708628725040.png

We keep that one for profiling purposes.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017

So, I guess from your missive, you are going to change the story to what is important:

1995 Orange & Blue football game, when Spurrier had the soccer coach Becky Burleigh on the sidelines as an honorary coach

EDIT: And, for the record, I would still do her!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

Could Be Worse Let It Go GIF

bacongator

Oct 10, 2014
I graduated law school before that team won the natty in '98. I remember the big star was Danielle Fotopoulos who was a great multi-sport athlete in HS and I remember that we beat North Carolina for the natty (at the time, North Carolina was dominant in the sport). The only other players I can name are Heather Mitts and Abby Wambach (but only because of what Abby did later in her career, I don't think she was one of the stars on that team).

I got nuthin'

Alex.
Wambach was a freshman on that team, if I recall correctly. They also played UNC at home in the regular season and Wambach had a one-on-one with the keeper to win the game, but she wasn't comfortable with her left foot, so took an extra touch to move the ball to her right and lost the chance. I can see that play like it was yesterday because I tell kids all the time about the importance of being able to score with both feet and use that play as an example. To her credit, Wambach worked on it, so that when she was on the national team she could score with her left.

I was involved with the local soccer scene back then and ended up being pretty good friends with Burleigh. But I don't think I have any pictures. Though I do have a 25 year old ratty t-shirt from their first game.

Detroitgator

Top-notch Сasual Dating - Real Women
Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

3o1yto.jpg

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
dont sell yourself short... most of us never graduated community college.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.