UF announces 20% capacity in The Swamp this fall

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The only saving grace I can see from the no tailgating thing is that it may hopefully drive more people to local restaurants and bars around the campus, since there will be no food and beverages brought from home. For the people who do attend, I hope that they do, because those places are and have been getting destroyed through absolutely no fault of their own.

And I’m sure if that happens, Stricklin and Fuchs will try to take all credit for the help they provided to local establishments, despite no one in those meetings being smart enough to think of the idea, which is indicated by his not even mentioning it in that statement.
I for one will be doing it up before the games at the Swamp......oh wait, nevermind :(

PCGatorAlum

Lifetime Member
Feb 1, 2017
I took a hard pass on this seasons tickets rolled them over to next year. Easy decision. The Gator Bait Bar in Melrose is gonna miss my business!

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There’s an easy solution - always be eating or drinking something. :bandit:

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Do you think officers will actually tase, arrest, and haul away screaming tailgaters? I'd like to see that.
College towns don't have enough cops.

My daughter is a Freshman at UF, cops have been patrolling apartments and breaking up parties. Kids are getting expelled if caught she says.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm still waiting to find out how the hell they plan on dividing up the tickets. I realize it will go according to your donation level but say you have 5 tickets. Do you get all 5 seats or only 1 and sit by yourself? And do you get to go to all the games or only 1 or 2? And who decides which games? And if you only get tickets for one game and go do they keep all of your donation or credit a percentage towards next year? And what about if you have a skybox? Are you only allowed 20% in your very expensive sky box and will they compensate you back the remainder?

It's going to be a logistical nightmare trying to figure this out equitably. There are going to be A LOT of disgusted and disappointed people. And woe be unto them if they start being heavy handed on people tailgating and partying. They're likely to see a huge revolt.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'm still waiting to find out how the hell they plan on dividing up the tickets. I realize it will go according to your donation level but say you have 5 tickets. Do you get all 5 seats or only 1 and sit by yourself? And do you get to go to all the games or only 1 or 2? And who decides which games? And if you only get tickets for one game and go do they keep all of your donation or credit a percentage towards next year? And what about if you have a skybox? Are you only allowed 20% in your very expensive sky box and will they compensate you back the remainder?

It's going to be a logistical nightmare trying to figure this out equitably. There are going to be A LOT of disgusted and disappointed people. And woe be unto them if they start being heavy handed on people tailgating and partying. They're likely to see a hug revolt.
Like the NBA and NFL, they are too stupid to realize that playing this year is going to hurt them much harder in the long run. All they can see is the revenue they will lose this year if they don’t play. Trying to play football half-assed is grounds for a disaster on multiple levels. Alienating your season ticket holders will be catastrophic.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Like the NBA and NFL, they are too stupid to realize that playing this year is going to hurt them much harder in the long run. All they can see is the revenue they will lose this year if they don’t play. Trying to play football half-assed is grounds for a disaster on multiple levels. Alienating your season ticket holders will be catastrophic.

Theyre hedging on the fact that people will be so excited to get the chance to watch football they’ll come back next year with bells on...I’ll bet on the fact that most people are so ready to be told what to think they’ll be fine with a biohazard suit sponsored by George Soros to watch a game...too bad that like I’ve stated before most of these woke morons aren’t the ones that pay the light bills and consequently they’ll take their lumps and cut sports until football and basketball might be the only ones left

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bunch of tough guys that have spent years *****ing and moaning about how soft today’s generation has become and now you’re bailing because you can’t put a piece of cloth on your face. So who’s soft now?
:lmao2: look.... its one of those fuchsimg morons who doesnt know shyt about microbiology and believes Fakenewers who tells them cotton stops viruses.

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
:lmao2: look.... its one of those fuchsimg morons who doesnt know shyt about microbiology and believes Fakenewers who tells them cotton stops viruses.
Ok Donk. Changing the subject to meet your BS narrative, Point is. Put on a mask and you can go to a game. It’s pretty simple. Who cares if you agree with the reason. Every person on this board has done much more to go to a gator game.

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I think UF should create a closed section (Mexico will pay for it) of non-mask wearers for the remaining 80% who are all huddled together...drinking...yelling at each other about snowflakes with sniffles... while they exchange bodily fluids from any orifice...

Time to thin the herd.

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ok Donk. Changing the subject to meet your BS narrative, Point is. Put on a mask and you can go to a game. It’s pretty simple. Who cares if you agree with the reason. Every person on this board has done much more to go to a gator game.
They are only allowing 20% capacity. Maybe you missed that part. Perhaps the absurd mask mandate would at least make a sliver of sense if the stadium could be packed, as usual.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
If masks work why do I have to wear mine? You’re good so shame on me and I’m the problem and boohoo...there’s a serious disconnect between intelligent ppl and this mass hysteria

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think officers will actually tase, arrest, and haul away screaming tailgaters? I'd like to see that.

Me too

I would imagine that by the second home game, Morgan and Morgan would have a tent set up nearby to process all the new clients they would secure for the class action suit against UF and Gainesville and they would win.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

It's going to be a logistical nightmare trying to figure this out equitably. There are going to be A LOT of disgusted and disappointed people. And woe be unto them if they start being heavy handed on people tailgating and partying. They're likely to see a hug revolt.

Don’t forget that a certain percentage of the seats will be designated as “Economic justice” seats and will be gifted to members of BLM

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
They are only allowing 20% capacity. Maybe you missed that part. Perhaps the absurd mask mandate would at least make a sliver of sense if the stadium could be packed, as usual.
Nope. I didn’t miss that part Ox, as it was the only piece if info that was related to gator football. I can understand however how you thought I might have missed it seeing how this site is rapidly deteriorating into a constant whine fest. What I find most interesting is that those that are most vocal about not wanting politics in sports are now highjacking every single thread with their political views. It’s becoming insufferable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator