UF Announces Dan Mullen as HC $36 Million over 6 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
Who should Stricklin have hired that would have made you feel the opposite of how you do now?

Kelly was a sure thing. Frost was the next closest thing to a sure thing. I would have been very excited by hiring either of them. I would have been OK with Candle, Cambell, Norvell and probably some others out there. While not sure things, they each had tremendous upside and potential. But Mullen is so incredibly disappointing. We know what we are getting with him...mediocrity. We'll be 8-4 every year with no quality wins.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Yes you are right he did improve MState, but for 9 years he could not get over the hump. Good coaches can do that, great coaches do better and sooner, thats what we are looking for. Its clear that DM will be ok but will never break through. 7 million dollars buys us mediocrity.
He won't be okay. Fuking Mac took us to the SECCG twice and still wasn't doing an adequate job. Mullen will never sniff the SECCG and this will go down as one of the worst hires in Gator FB history.

ccsdk

True Gator
Nov 12, 2017
Again, I've never been a Mullen guy. I see the flaws. His tenure as UF OC hit the ceiling. Maybe the last nine years at MSU represents their ceiling. If so, maybe he can get us back to our's. Here's hoping.
Weve been dreaming and wishing for 12 years. Unfortunately DMs record does not provide that hope.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's the resident sunshine pumper (one of about 5 who don't hide it). Nothing new from him....

Oh. did you know, Dan Mullen spoke at his Gator Club in 2005 and was a really nice guy!!!

He was, hee hee hee, I'm baaaaack! Nothing wrong with supporting your alma mater, come hell or high water

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We will be fine with Mullen. Kelly only homer run hire out there for the fans

I can say with certainty, we upgraded from Butters

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kelly was a sure thing. Frost was the next closest thing to a sure thing. I would have been very excited by hiring either of them. I would have been OK with Candle, Cambell, Norvell and probably some others out there. While not sure things, they each had tremendous upside and potential. But Mullen is so incredibly disappointing. We know what we are getting with him...mediocrity. We'll be 8-4 every year with no quality wins.

Just curious. If Candle, Campbell or Norvell were to Mississippi State this season, went 8-4 and for some inexplicable reason had become available, would you be interested?

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Werent you still svkking Butter's cawk three weeks ago?
I was. We incorporated his BBQ sauce in ways that you would never imagine. It was magical.

We really dont need to hear your opinion. You obviously dont know shyt.
None of us do, which has become quite evident in the Chip Kelly thread, among others and our blind reliance on these bozos on Twitter for "facts." This is why it's comical to see posters flip their sh!t like an eighth grade girl getting dumped for the first time.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014

Nailed it! All day long. Unless Tebow or Percy have eligibility left and are ready to suit up, it'll just be more of the same bs we've seen on the field over the last few years.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Apparently somewhat official, report on Monday not today. Time will tell if it works out.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He was, hee hee hee, I'm baaaaack! Nothing wrong with supporting your alma mater, come hell or high water
I applaud the optimism a few of you always seem to have. I wish I could walk around stoned and still be fully functional.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I’m not thrilled with the Mullen hire, but it’s better than our last two HCs. I hope he brings good QB, WR, and an OC in.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
RIP Gator Football
First post...I came here because I was excited about the hire and wanted to see how the rest of the fan base felt. Shocked at what I'm reading.

Please tell me what I'm missing...

Mullen in 9 years at MSU: 69-46
MSU in 9 years prior to Mullen: 37-69

UF National Total Offense Ranking:
With Mullen:
2005-2008: 61, 19, 14, 15
Average: 27th

Since he left:
2009-2017: 6, 82, 105, 104, 116, 96, 112, 116, 111
Average: 94th

What the hell is everyone so pissed about?

4-29 vs ranked teams
0-9 vs Bama
33-39 vs SEC

He sucks

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Results? Like Mullen losing nearly every game to a ranked team while at Miss State. No way anybody can say this is a good hire. This is worse than the muschamp or mcelwain hires because this guy has a well known track record of losing and the fan base hates him. It was the worst choice possible. Seriously Kiffen, Petrino, anybody with any baggage would've been a better choice. I'd take dozens of guys over Mullen.
I feel like I'm reading my own posts when I read yours. How can anyone defend Stricklin making this guy the second highest coach in the league? A guy who is a proven loser in our own conference, a guy who the fanbase hates, a guy who dislikes and disrespects our University and a guy who has a very long record of being a poor recruiter and poor coach.

This is literally the worst possible hire Stricklin could have made and wreaks of nepotism and collusion.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
I applaud the optimism a few of you always seem to have. I wish I could walk around stoned and still be fully functional.

I hate that this hire has affected you so. Maybe you should seek some help. And I honestly mean that.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Dude, did it occur to you that the ranked opponents were mainly SEC West opponents and that there's no shame in that when you're recruiting for f*king MSU? Give the guy a chance recruiting this state as Florida's coach.

Seriously, with that plodding whale crawl offense he ran? We ARE going to give this guy a chance because he has a contract that says we will no matter WHAT we think. Do I have to sit back, suck my thumb, and take it with a grin? I can't find the message board rules that say I have to. So I'm good.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I hate that this hire has affected you so. Maybe you should seek some help. And I honestly mean that.
I’m not even a bit angry. I quit getting mad about it years ago. I honestly decided to just laugh it off until when/if we ever decide we want to be a big time program again. Obviously, that time isn’t anywhere near.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
I love this hire!

Yes, we whiffed on our top two candidates but why are so many hurt over not getting coaches who don’t want to be Gators?

I’m happy we found a guy with a history of success that wants to be here. I loved the spread option attack we used to run and I can’t wait to see what we look like at the next spring game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator