UF Announces Dan Mullen as HC $36 Million over 6 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not really happy with it but it can work. Mullen will bring an O with him and he will get recruits. Watch, he could do some things here. Way way better coach than the current Muschamp and Mac for sure. If he recruits well Atlanta should be an every year expectation with a chance to steal one from the west to get in playoffs.

Our O be athletic again.

Last edited:

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Let's reserve judgement and see what staff he assembles.... on the surface the disappointment is apparent. But let's give him a chance to put together a solution to our woes.
I wanted Norvell after the rejections of CK and frost.

I am a gator, an alum, and I live and breath Florida.

I live and breath Florida. That's not the point. With some of the things he's said over the years about us ("lateral move" for example) it isn't about being a Gator. He doesn't give a damn about that. Its about the money. This is a BAD hire when its on that basis alone. Screw him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's just dumb. Not top 50 of what's left? By relying on stat picking? I said I would have gone with a young innovator and hoped for the best, but don't put Mullen in Chimp or Butters territory based on what he's done.
What else? Conference records? He is well below average in that too. Recruiting?

He doesn't nothing well other than run big QBs up the middle, score sparingly, and make people hate him do to his snarky, punchable face.

Nov 26, 2017
Mississippi State 2000-2008: 37-69 (17-55 SEC)
Mississippi State 2009-2017: 69-46 (33-39 SEC)

No, Dan Mullen did not win big by Florida standards at Mississippi State. However, he won huge by Mississippi State standards at Mississippi State. Prior to that, he won two national titles at Florida in his four seasons. Prior to that, QB coach of Alex Smith at Utah that went undefeated.

To summarize, he has been nothing short of an outstanding success at every stop of his coaching career. He is as likely as anyone to win big by Florida standards at Florida. His track record shows it.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
What else? Conference records?
Sure, let me give you one. Spurrier was 12-20 against top 25 at Carolina. I suppose he'd be unacceptable based on that. Maybe it was the school and situation he was in limiting his upside.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I live and breath Florida. That's not the point. With some of the things he's said over the years about us ("lateral move" for example) it isn't about being a Gator. He doesn't give a damn about that. Its about the money. This is a BAD hire when its on that basis alone. Screw him.
Oddly, I suppose as you'd expect me to be 100% negative I'm sure, that doesn't bother me and ISN'T true. He always desired a BIG job, and ours above all else. He always wanted out of that shythole and thought he deserved our job the last two times.

All that bullshyt about how he loved Starkhole was always a lie.

The "he might turn us down" thing was always laughable.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

No, Dan Mullen did not win big by Florida standards at Mississippi State. However, he won huge by Mississippi State standards at Mississippi State. Prior to that, he won two national titles at Florida in his four seasons. Prior to that, QB coach of Alex Smith at Utah that went undefeated.

To summarize, he has been nothing short of an outstanding success at every stop of his coaching career. He is as likely as anyone to win big by Florida standards at Florida. His track record shows it.

Meyer won those titles. Stop spreading lies.

33-39 vs SEC
4-29 vs ranked teams

GARBAGE!

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That doesn't bother me and ISN'T true. He always desired a BIG job, and ours above all else. He always wanted out of that shythole and thought he deserved our job the last two times.

So dissing us is a way to show that love....I'm not buying it. He got shown the money and apparently the missus can order out for her food with it.

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
Unless you want to stop being a Gator fan, we have no choice but to "support" the new coach. Not sure why people keep saying this.
Because of the fact you had to put quotes around the word support.

Until he gives me cause to change my view, I'm supporting the coach, not "supporting" him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sure, let me give you one. Spurrier was 12-20 against top 25 at Carolina. I suppose he'd be unacceptable based on that. Maybe it was the school and situation he was in limiting his upside.
that's a perfect example. SOS had inferior talent also and wasn't 2-29 or whatever Shyttersfull was.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Just such a total letdown to end the year and deflator. There are at least 5 better choices still in the board that we should of kicked the tires on. This just screams desperation or was the plan all along. At least some of the other names are better at recruiting

ccsdk

True Gator
Nov 12, 2017

Well we'll know soon enough. The pressure starts tomorrow. His first test is salvaging this, once top 5 , recruiting class. If he does that then there is hope for spring of next year. Then how he handles summer will be his next test. Fail to keep the prize recruits will start the chatter!!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So dissing us is a way to show that love....I'm not buying it. He got shown the money and apparently the missus can order out for her food with it.
He is an azzhole. I admit it.

He always coveted this job (and Penn State, Miami, Ugly, Meatchikin) and got that scorned woman so mad he can barely talk look when he talked about getting passed over, but especially with us.

Crunchtime

Sep 18, 2014

you my friend are an absolute idiot. You judge head coaches by what they do as HEAD COACHES and he has the worst winning percentage in NCAA history against ranked team when his team is also ranked. He is sub .500 against SEC foes.. HE LOST TO SOUTH ALABAMA in the MSU season opener last year....and Kentucky....and BYU....and Arkansas.....ALL UNRANKED at the time. What the hell are you talking about???

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Because of the fact you had to put quotes around the word support.

Until he gives me cause to change my view, I'm supporting the coach, not "supporting" him.
OX is correct... If your a gator your always a gator get behind our new coach and support him. It that simple... if your a true fan you have no choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.