UF Announces Dan Mullen as HC $36 Million over 6 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Former Florida Wide Receiver David Nelson:
"I am beyond excited that Coach Mullen is returning to Gator Nation. The impact he had on our national championship seasons stretched far beyond the football field. He genuinely cares about his players - as athletes, students, and people. His offensive mind is unrivaled and his passion for the game is contagious to all those around him. Get ready... Championship Football is returning to the Swamp."

Keep them coming PT!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, we didn't get who we want we got whats arguably best of what's left.
Hell, no. He isn't within the top 50 of what's left. He is just that chic you know in high school, the easy lay, who you turn to after the divorce because, even though you know she is far below your standards, you know she is a sure thing.

Not only is he not in the top 50, there are at least 107 guys with a better passing offense. 107.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hell, no. He isn't within the top 50 of what's left. He is just that chic you know in high school, the easy lay, who you turn to after the divorce because, even though you know she is far below your standards, you know she is a sure thing.

Not only is he not in the top 50, there are at least 107 guys with a better passing offense. 107.
So....you like the hire?

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome to Starkville Mediocrity, where bowl eligibility will be celebrated and the norm.

I knew the Useless Starkville Bastard was a bad hire from day one, how many of you that were gulping his mediocrity-laced Kool Aid when he was hired are happy now?

Now, let me go take a healthy Starkville and wipe my ass on a MSU diploma.

Strychnine can pound sand.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017

Although I disagree...great analogy.... paints a perfect picture. And I only disagree with the top 50 part. I’d say top 15

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is alot like McElstain demanding to choose his own way, his own boy toy OC, and risking his entire professional career on it.

Stricklin may not survive to correct this mistake. He doesn't have the "he's one of us thing" going on and a NC under his belt (albeit not his coach) like Fooley did. Many top UAA HATE this hire.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Muschamp was hired. I hoped he'd put a good defense out there and find someone else to run the offense that was capable. It never happened. Dude wasted several years for us and took the program to new depths. I had hopes, originally, and my naiivete was blinding me to how bad it was until the Mizzou homecoming ass kicking.

Mac was hired. I hoped he'd have someone that could maintain a good defense, and that he'd prove to bring back some sense of offense for us. This time, I was without any sense of hope much quicker, as I watched this jackass take us to even lower depths by killing the offense and the defense....and the special teams. I try to take solace that it was a shorter time to cut out the rot and try again, but it doesn't change how much he'd lowered the program below the Muschamp low tide.

Now Mullen is hired? The pumper and optimist in me says he can't be worse than WM or Mac, I can't believe anyone can be...they just can't. However, he isn't the solution. This time, I'm not going in with any kind of hopes - certainly not SEC or NC thoughts at all, and to be quite honest, not much in the way of more than 8-4, or any hope of 'fun to watch' football. No. This time, I'm starting off without any sense of hope. Actually, I'll retract that. I'm not simply not starting off. Football doesn't exist anymore. I'm not sure when, or if it ever will again.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
DPmFPt2XcAErubj.jpg:small

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Although I disagree...great analogy.... paints a perfect picture. And I only disagree with the top 50 part. I’d say top 15
When you have the 108th passing offense-- ahem cough cough QB guru-- top 50 is probably generous.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Football doesn't exist anymore. I'm not sure when, or if it ever will again.
I know. It's alright. It isn't your fault. We all feel this way. Just numb. Three more wasted years coming up.

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
Let's reserve judgement and see what staff he assembles.... on the surface the disappointment is apparent. But let's give him a chance to put together a solution to our woes.
I wanted Norvell after the rejections of CK and frost.

I am a gator, an alum, and I live and breath Florida.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
*4-star ATH Amari Burney (Florida commit):

“I’m just looking forward to Coach Mullen. Let’s go get Florida back where they need to be. The fans deserve it better than what they’ve been getting.”

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member

That's just dumb. Not top 50 of what's left? By relying on stat picking? I said I would have gone with a young innovator and hoped for the best, but don't put Mullen in Chimp or Butters territory based on what he's done.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
4-star WR Frank Ladson (2019 Florida commit):

“I’m excited. I’ve been hearing good things about him and what he’s done in the past for UF.”

5-star OL Kardell Thomas (2019 LSU commit):

“It’s kind of crazy, honestly. I don’t see why he would leave State, but it’s business. Most definitely a good hire for Florida.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.