Gator Basketball UF beats #4 Auburn in Basketball

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
When Blackshear and Payne are both on the court, tough to stop - especially with Nemhard playing like he is and Payne asserting himself.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Good win for the Gators. For the first time I saw all year, they finally did not once try to throw the ball to Payne in the low post. Payne has no low post skills or strength, but he is athletic as hell and should be getting all his numbers by hustle and garbage. And how did he get everything today? By hustle and garbage, which plays to his athletic strengths. On the other side this is the 4th game I have seen Auburn and for the life of me how have they only lost twice? they are not very good, and they take the worst shots I have ever seen. There is a reason why they are such a poor shooting team. I would say that they shoot at least 2 passes too soon each time they have the ball. This conference is very weak and the Gators should be able to win the regular season going away, as I have seen every team play at least twice and there is not a single team who is top 15 at the moment.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
No he still has to be fired and we have to find a way to not credit the coach for this HUGE win

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
This is the game that gives Mike White an erection: a defensive slugfest where we hold the opposing team to under 50 and score nearly 70 ourselves.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Well...that was completely unexpected...maybe mizzou was an anomaly and we can compete...not saying we’re where we need to be yet...but maybe that loss really stung and hit home...cautiously optimistic

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida wins 69-47!!!

Omar Payne did it all today. Rebounds and putbacks helped make up for our offense when the shots didnt fall..he also played great defense and blocked some shots

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Hats off to Nembhard. Dude has to be feeling awful after battling the flu late in the week. Thought he gave a great effort.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Well...that was completely unexpected...maybe mizzou was an anomaly and we can compete...not saying we’re where we need to be yet...but maybe that loss really stung and hit home...cautiously optimistic
It’s not an anomaly. This team is inconsistent. Talented but inconsistent. That Mizzou game wont be the last. The hope is that we find a way to reduce the inconsistency.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Total domination and destruction of a top 5 team. We were simply the better team today and it wasn't even close. White said in the pregame that he wanted to get the ball inside and challenge AU inside and that is exactly what we did so credit White for that coaching move there 1000%. First win vs a top 5 opponent since 2009. HUGE win for our Gators today. Go Gators!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator