UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

Kevlo911

Oct 29, 2019
Many of our Gator writers and all those 247/On3 "personalities" are little more than Twitter users who spend all day on it getting intel. Few of them ever break anything other than Hayes Fawcett.

This would be an absolute homerun hire. Like hit in the river homerun hire.
Atlanta Braves Sport GIF by MLB

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Many of our Gator writers and all those 247/On3 "personalities" are little more than Twitter users who spend all day on it getting intel. Few of them ever break anything other than Hayes Fawcett.

This would be an absolute homerun hire. Like hit in the river homerun hire.

I don’t know much about OC’s so I’ll defer to others’ judgement. But that seems to be the consensus view of him, which is encouraging if it’s the direction we do go. Napier needs something that completely says “this wasn’t working and we’re changing it”. I’d be back on board of giving him a chance if he does something like this.

TXgators

Nov 11, 2023

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
While you're not wrong, it suspiciously sounds like all previous off seasons ever.

Has any college football team in the history of the game not “Grown closer and build a special bond like a brotherhood” during the offseason?

One of many annual loads of crap that beat writers seem to think the fans want to hear.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t know much about OC’s so I’ll defer to others’ judgement. But that seems to be the consensus view of him, which is encouraging if it’s the direction we do go. Napier needs something that completely says “this wasn’t working and we’re changing it”. I’d be back on board of giving him a chance if he does something like this.
Major League Baseball Dancing GIF by Cincinnati Reds

This isnt Willy Krack Korn, who never made any sense to me. This is fantastic. This is hiring Bob Stoops in 96.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Personally I think Twitter idiots know just as much (or more) than our current Gator writers.

They may not know more but they aren’t compromised like the beat writers so at least they report what they believe to be the truth versus sharing only what UF wants out there.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Possible interim candidate next year? With a 6 game audition . Haven't watched them play but he's an OC for a defensive coach. I think I'd like it.

Edit: not sure his o would work in the sec

Any well coached and well executed offense will work in the SEC these days.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Be interesting to see what Durty would do. The news would hit him hard.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Any well coached and well executed offense will work in the SEC these days.
Im going to disagree, a lot. 1995 Nebraska doesn't work. 2007-2010 Trailerbammer doesn't work. They don't work unless the other team is just totally out-manned on defense.

Virtually any offense that is so predictable that the defense knows what is coming, doesn't work.

Any offense must attack the width, depth and middle of the defense and be capable and at least have a credible threat to be a run or downfield pass (medium or better, make the backers and CBs get depth) on every play. Otherwise it is going to fail unless you have an extreme talent advantage.

This "every offense works" idea is from the 70s and applies to middle school.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Im going to disagree, a lot. 1995 Nebraska doesn't work. 2007-2010 Trailerbammer doesn't work. They don't work unless the other team is just totally out-manned on defense.

Virtually any offense that is so predictable that the defense knows what is coming, doesn't work.

Any offense must attack the width, depth and middle of the defense and be capable and at least have a credible threat to be a run or downfield pass (medium or better, make the backers and CBs get depth) on every play. Otherwise it is going to fail unless you have an extreme talent advantage.

This "every offense works" idea is from the 70s and applies to middle school.
... and applies to UFs defense.

TXgators

Nov 11, 2023
I just found this from Reddit

Update: UAA plane in Vegas all day yesterday

Following or followed by UF players, coaches, and new recruits (Mizell, Jean, Westphal, Teddy Foster) on Twitter

Developed Jordan Addison at Pitt before going to Texas and helping Xavier Worthy have a big year while recruiting 1 5 star and 2 top 120 4 star WRs. Then left for UNLV to call plays and did great as OC (6th best OC in the country on the illustrious Big Game Boomer's Twitter rankings )

Never worked with Napier before so outside the box hire

Kansas plays UNLV in a bowl next Tuesday

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
They better not be teasing us, we been through too much. Somebody could get hurt.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just found this from Reddit

Update: UAA plane in Vegas all day yesterday

Following or followed by UF players, coaches, and new recruits (Mizell, Jean, Westphal, Teddy Foster) on Twitter

Developed Jordan Addison at Pitt before going to Texas and helping Xavier Worthy have a big year while recruiting 1 5 star and 2 top 120 4 star WRs. Then left for UNLV to call plays and did great as OC (6th best OC in the country on the illustrious Big Game Boomer's Twitter rankings )

Never worked with Napier before so outside the box hire

Kansas plays UNLV in a bowl next Tuesday
Maybe they all just went to Vegas to gamble and get drunk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.