UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone getting excited about this just needs to remember that Gomer Pyle will still be doing the new hirings....
My dog's name is Gomer Pyle. Please find a new nickname for Karl.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Shouldn't we wait until after ESD to fire assistants?

Yes we should but this isn’t surprising. Let’s be honest, strategy, timing, game planning and program management don’t seem to be Billy’s strong suit. This is similar to his flea flicker play call-poorly timed and destined to have a negative effect on momentum, in this case, any recruiting momentum we may have remaining.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Sling blade's balls may have dropped today. Good move, both those coaches sucked ass here. Now fire both oline coaches, strength coach and the special teams guy at a minimum.

Doesn‘t make a bit of difference. Billy is the problem. He can fire and replace all the coaches he wants but until he goes, ultimately nothing will change.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

Would any of Saban’s players or commitments refer to him as ”Sabe”?

Sun Belt Billy seems like he’s trying to be buddies with these kids rather than their HC. To me, that’s part of the problem and an indictment of the culture Billy is creating.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I’m not certain we are done firing assistants.
A new CEO moves into her office and finds three envelopes in her desk from the prior CEO labeled crisis 1, crisis 2, and crisis 3 respectively. There is a note that indicates she should use these only in the event of a crisis - opening one envelope at a time.

After a few months the new CEO is facing a crisis, so she opens to first envelope. The letter inside says simply “blame your predecessor". So she crafts a communication that says that the crisis is the result of bad decisions made before she took over and that she is committed to sorting out the mess she has inherited.

Things settle down.

Some time later, another crisis emerges, so she opens the second letter. This letter says “restructure the organization”. So the chief executive gets the leadership team together and redesigns the organization’s structure and reassigns roles and responsibilities. She finds scapegoats for the company's poor performance that can be publicly fired.

The restructure is executed and with time, the crisis abates.

Since neither the blame tactic, nor the restructure addressed the real issues, inevitably another crisis occurs. The Chief Executive thinks “Well, the last two letters seemed to work out ok, so perhaps the third letter will be a more permanent solution.”

So she opens the third envelope and reads “write three letters.”

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Oh my, Ox "the Karl apologist" is back. Expect mind camp reservations to open up soon.
Obi Wan Mind GIF by Star Wars

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes we should but this isn’t surprising. Let’s be honest, strategy, timing, game planning and program management don’t seem to be Billy’s strong suit. This is similar to his flea flicker play call-poorly timed and destined to have a negative effect on momentum, in this case, any recruiting momentum we may have remaining.

Other than making a fool of himself I’m not sure Billy has a strong suit . He’s giving Muschump a run for his money on who is the dumbest bastard to ever step foot on the BHG sideline.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Let's see if Napier gets rid of some of his ULL buddies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Next season the third quarter song should be changed to "Free Fallin'".

Or just nothing at all(outside of WATB). I’d rather not devote the time to looking it up, but I’d love to know what are home record is since we started doing that, beginning Lsu ‘17. My guess is just over .500, and probably under against P5. We are starting to let A&M and VTech off the hook for most embarrassing tradition in cfb.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Let's see if Napier gets rid of some of his ULL buddies.

The fact that Sale, Stapleton, Couch and Hocke weren’t some of the first names mentioned, but rather two guys that don’t have the personal history and again, deserving or not, firings that were going to upset the applecart, really says it all. I’ve said this since week 1 of this year. He is no different than Mullen, JM or WM. Could not possibly care any less about the overall good of the program or the fans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator