UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
If you can recruit at a high level, players will make you successful, or appear to be a great coach. If you cannot recruit, does not matter how well you coach if your roster is projects. It doesn't appear our OL coaches can recruit at that level and aren't doing well with the projects they took. We were painfully slow against fsu and they lived in our backfield. A great staff could have schemed around that, but... you know.
What a joke they are along with particularly the strength and conditioning. And yet, they’re going to still be here. Unbelievable how we reward failure around here year after year.

If that is the case, we can take likely comfort in the notion that if they stay BN won’t for much longer.

Lurker

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
So, is it safe to assume that Raymond and Spencer were fired before signing day (and without anyone hired to replace them) simply to give the fired coaches the best opportunity to get a job somewhere else and to be transparent with recruits for the 2023 recruiting class in case they want to reconsider whether they want to play for Florida? In other words, the decision was made to put the best interests of the fired coaches and the recruits before the Gators football team?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So, is it safe to assume that Raymond and Spencer were fired before signing day (and without anyone hired to replace them) simply to give the fired coaches the best opportunity to get a job somewhere else and to be transparent with recruits for the 2023 recruiting class in case they want to reconsider whether they want to play for Florida? In other words, the decision was made to put the best interests of the fired coaches and the recruits before the Gators football team?

I think naturally, some are still somewhat bought in to this narrative of Napier’s meticulous thinking, next world level organization, and attention to the tiniest of details. I get it. We must’ve heard it 1000 times between his opening press conference and the random comments from others in the first 3 months. The truth is, nothing to this point supports that. Everything from the random 2 point conversions, in game time management, and the disastrous use of the portal outside of two exceptions. It’s all buffoonery. So no, I don’t think there was any thought put into it, which is why it will likely be the final mail in our best chance at a decent defensive class since Muschamp.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think naturally, some are still somewhat bought in to this narrative of Napier’s meticulous thinking, next world level organization, and attention to the tiniest of details. I get it. We must’ve heard it 1000 times between his opening press conference and the random comments from others in the first 3 months. The truth is, nothing to this point supports that. Everything from the random 2 point conversions, in game time management, and the disastrous use of the portal outside of two exceptions. It’s all buffoonery.
This should be branded into the asses of the last dumbass pumpers who bought this bull**** hook, line, and sinker.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
What do the analytics say? Run into the wall because odds are against you. Or punt. Billy your odds are low

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator