UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
he'll be fired at 1-3 or 1-4, only W being lowly samford.

then we get to once again, experience the highest high we've had since the late 2000s - a coaching search

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Here I’ve been talking about Stricklin having no clout, and then they go and give us 3 weeks to prepare for uga.

Keep bein a boss, Scott.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
Tn. Game moved to middle of oct.

View attachment 65142
Well, if that is the schedule...the timing blows. I have a conference in Orlando 10/15 to 10/18. Was hoping to catch a game in the swamp on one side of that.

Just as well...for the past few years, my presence has resulted in losses.

EDIT: didn't see the TBD stuff. Just saw the gap and assumed the worst. Maybe we can lose to LSU or UK again while I am in town.

Kevlo911

Oct 29, 2019
Still have yet to see any smoke about a DL coach. The Will Harris stuff was out for days

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Good god what a schedule.

I’ll have some fun:

UM-Worse position in ‘22 heard Cristobal worse coach. New QB 1
Samford- Duh
aTM-New coaches some high profile outbound transfers, first SEC/SEC road game.
Miss State- New coaches 3rd offensive system in 3 years New QB 2.
UCF- its UCF, new QB 3.
UT- it’s UT new QB 4.
UK- go 0-3 against UK, lose respect if stepping down isn’t done and this board used to not tolerate a loss to UK, shouldn’t be a controversial statement about 3(4) straight. New QB 5 (and at home).
UGA- Ok, it takes years to be competitive.
LSU- New QB 6, at home 0-3 and 6 straight who cares?
Texas- away, they took so long to compete under Sark, but now great (possible New QB 7).
Ole Miss-Well, Kiffin is awful, no excuse to lose at home to him. Seriously, possibly worst coach in the SEC by many Gator posts I see.
FSU- lose a ton, New QB 7(8). Almost beat them 2x.

We return a ton on offense and defense and will lose a ton after ‘24. IF Billy is going to make a run or show his system, it’s while he has a 6th year QB, 4th year starting RB, essentially returning all 5 OL (still waiting on Mazzccua bc he had the weird Senior Day with eligibility and Slaughter played majority of season with little difference from Kingsley), top TE, Wilson and Jean year 2, all the youth on D now has a season of experience, and others.

Seriously, in ‘25, Mertz, most the OL, Marshall (fwiw), James, Johnson, Watson, Sapp, Boone, Moore, could be gone leaving room for a lot of mostly talented, but very inexperienced players. Also, that’s assuming there aren’t any more key defections.

Oh and a little thing called the ‘25 schedule. Let’s play a game, UF gets what it voted for= 9 SEC games. We probably keep UGA and UT or LSU (because “rivalry” and play the 7 we didn’t play this season. That’s Bama, Auburn (Freeze year 3), Vandy (see Miss State), Mizzou, Carolina (new coach?), OU, and Arky while playing @ Miami and FSU. Not exactly a cake walk in ‘25 with a lot of turnover. Essentially, we trade UCF for a SEC team. Or we pod up and see the reported UGA, OU and Carolina with the other 5 teams and one rando (wanna bet it is probably one of the aforementioned two?).

Our schedule will never be Vandy, Miss State, Arky, Carolina, UK, Vandy, Mizzou and Vandy. Just won’t be. Especially in a 9 game SEC (if we get our way).

I’ll see myself out.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll have some fun:

UM-Worse position in ‘22 heard Cristobal worse coach. New QB 1
Samford- Duh
aTM-New coaches some high profile outbound transfers, first SEC/SEC road game.
Miss State- New coaches 3rd offensive system in 3 years New QB 2.
UCF- its UCF, new QB 3.
UT- it’s UT new QB 4.
UK- go 0-3 against UK, lose respect if stepping down isn’t done and this board used to not tolerate a loss to UK, shouldn’t be a controversial statement about 3(4) straight. New QB 5 (and at home).
UGA- Ok, it takes years to be competitive.
LSU- New QB 6, at home 0-3 and 6 straight who cares?
Texas- away, they took so long to compete under Sark, but now great (possible New QB 7).
Ole Miss-Well, Kiffin is awful, no excuse to lose at home to him. Seriously, possibly worst coach in the SEC by many Gator posts I see.
FSU- lose a ton, New QB 7(8). Almost beat them 2x.

We return a ton on offense and defense and will lose a ton after ‘24. IF Billy is going to make a run or show his system, it’s while he has a 6th year QB, 4th year starting RB, essentially returning all 5 OL (still waiting on Mazzccua bc he had the weird Senior Day with eligibility and Slaughter played majority of season with little difference from Kingsley), top TE, Wilson and Jean year 2, all the youth on D now has a season of experience, and others.

Seriously, in ‘25, Mertz, most the OL, Marshall (fwiw), James, Johnson, Watson, Sapp, Boone, Moore, could be gone leaving room for a lot of mostly talented, but very inexperienced players. Also, that’s assuming there aren’t any more key defections.

Oh and a little thing called the ‘25 schedule. Let’s play a game, UF gets what it voted for= 9 SEC games. We probably keep UGA and UT or LSU (because “rivalry” and play the 7 we didn’t play this season. That’s Bama, Auburn (Freeze year 3), Vandy (see Miss State), Mizzou, Carolina (new coach?), OU, and Arky while playing @ Miami and FSU. Not exactly a cake walk in ‘25 with a lot of turnover. Essentially, we trade UCF for a SEC team. Or we pod up and see the reported UGA, OU and Carolina with the other 5 teams and one rando (wanna bet it is probably one of the aforementioned two?).

Our schedule will never be Vandy, Miss State, Arky, Carolina, UK, Vandy, Mizzou and Vandy. Just won’t be. Especially in a 9 game SEC (if we get our way).

I’ll see myself out.
How much are you betting on that? It's funny that you act like we haven't lost to like half a dozen new QBs in the last two years and act like now that is a thing.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
How much are you betting on that? It's funny that you act like we haven't lost to like half a dozen new QBs in the last two years and act like now that is a thing.
mark ruffalo film GIF

Some folks just can't help themselves, their Gator love is like an addict with drugs. Just one more hit and they are done.

Meanwhile the "Negaitive Nancy's" be like
george bush GIF

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator