UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So RB and the 2 OL coach contracts expire today. Will be interesting to see what happens. I have no issues with the RB coach, but at least one of the OL coaches need to go.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
And then some!
What would our record have been last season if only Defense was a level above, STs missed zero scoring opportunities, and staff made not made bush league management errors?

FWIW, defense was often tier 3 or lower is some games, so surely has to be a priority for staff. There were three games where one less TD scored or STs being excellent nets us wins. With competent coaching, we win 7 and maybe a bowl. If Napier has any chance of winning a title, they will show improvement in those areas.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
So RB and the 2 OL coach contracts expire today. Will be interesting to see what happens. I have no issues with the RB coach, but at least one of the OL coaches need to go.
According to De Torre it hasn't been released yet but all 3 of those along with Peterson have new contracts in place. So either one of them is taking a demotion to an off the field role or Sling blade is still gonna be the OC next year. :facepalm:

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
According to De Torre it hasn't been released yet but all 3 of those along with Peterson have new contracts in place. So either one of them is taking a demotion to an off the field role or Sling blade is still gonna be the OC next year. :facepalm:
Might as well make peace with it :lol:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What would our record have been last season if only Defense was a level above, STs missed zero scoring opportunities, and staff made not made bush league management errors?

FWIW, defense was often tier 3 or lower is some games, so surely has to be a priority for staff. There were three games where one less TD scored or STs being excellent nets us wins. With competent coaching, we win 7 and maybe a bowl. If Napier has any chance of winning a title, they will show improvement in those areas.
If your Auntie had balls…

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TOS is reporting that all coaches with expiring contracts will be rehired. At their current positions. And raises are expected for all.
Tinder No GIF by Originals

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TOS is reporting that all coaches with expiring contracts will be rehired. At their current positions. And raises are expected for all.
Tater doubling down on his offense idiocracy. Reminds me of Cousin Eddie hanging on to Dwagtham and Hev. He better pray the D makes some serious improvement.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Wait, you mean to tell me that simple Bill is exactly the same as what he was? We're all shocked i tell ya, just shocked.
He's a bigger piece of **** than Mullen, just wish he was half the coach Mullen was. At least Mullen, Butters and Muschamp didn't talk about Jesus while stealing from the university.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Napier has worked harder than those last 3 guys combined.

Can you prove that? I can prove he's lost 7 games 2 years in a row. I can prove he's the only retard in the country with 2 OL coaches and no QB, OC or special teams coach. I can prove he's the only 2nd year coach in the country that has already had over 60% first recruiting class abandon his ass. I can prove he's been given more resources and has better facilities then any other coach in school history and yet is the worse in my lifetime.

Defending him by saying he works really hard is like someone defending their obese, toothless, unemployed, cheating wife by saying she has a good personality. He's a **** coach and a snake oil salesman, luckily for us it'll be over in roughly 9 months.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Napier has worked harder than those last 3 guys combined.
and yet he's actually worse than than all of them.

there's a quadrant for types of people in a workplace. smart and hardworking, smart and lazy, dumb and hardworking, dumb and lazy. a standard exercise in junior level management/leadership is to have the new manager/leader pick which one of the types of people he should avoid/get rid of. Most pick dumb and lazy, but that is the wrong answer. The worst type of employee is dumb and hardworking because while dumb and lazy doesnt get you anywhere, dumb and lazy is also too lazy to actively F things up royally. Dumb and hardworking will absolutely destroy an organization - too dumb to realize what they are doing is BAD, too hardworking to stop before they've pushed everyone off the cliff.

chump was a dumb but hardworking guy, mac was a dumb but lazy guy. which category do you think tater falls in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.