UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

ShelbyGator

Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
My triggering comment was in response to him "stealing" money. Dan Mullen stole money, because he refused to even try and do his job. He blew off his responsibilities.

Really stirred up the pearl-clutchers with my post, glad to see it. You guys are so relentlessly insufferable I enjoy getting under your skin. If Billy had hired an OC, you would have done nothing but trashed the choice and claimed it didn't matter anyway because he was just going to be a puppet for Billy. Durty has said as much.

Going to be amusing to see you guys bag on every positive thing that happens both in the offseason and when the season starts (if Gatorchatter is still active, that is). We're going to win some games, very sorry to say fellas. Certainly enough to keep Billy back for 2025.
It's posts like this that keep you my favorite poster.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Was he even here when the Rashada thing happened? I thought he was hired after?

If he is an escape goat, it is for something other than Rashada.

Reports suggest he was in the middle of it. The NCAA issue wouldn’t be about the NIL deal going bad per se. It would be the way the football staff interacted with Rashada & the collective. I’m guessing something like, “I only signed because he (Walker) promised me $XXXX and they didn’t deliver.”

Which is dumb, as pointed out by Ut’s president, given the language the NCAA used in establishing collectives.

On Jan. 20, a day after it was reported the UF football program was under investigation by the NCAA, The Athletic reported Castro-Walker was the focus of the NCAA's investigation into the Florida football program's recruitment of quarterback Jaden Rashada, who ultimately enrolled at Arizona State University.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Has anything official been released on the assistant coaches?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.