UF Coaching Thread: Russ Callaway promoted to Co-OC

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry. I got all caught up in your excitement.
The Gator Nation is so dug in and invested in a complete collapse this year, I really don't know how people would react if this team had a good season. People have themselves convinced that it's so impossible a task that even discussing the possibility invites shame and ridicule to those with the audacity to mention it. Napier has elevated himself in their minds as literally the worst head coach that has ever walked a sideline, at any level of the game.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I was determined not to jump ship on Napier but after Spurdog ripped him a new assho/e…….I’m easing over to the side of the ship but there are so many people in front of me looks like I’m gone have to ride her down.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
The Gator Nation is so dug in and invested in a complete collapse this year, I really don't know how people would react if this team had a good season. People have themselves convinced that it's so impossible a task that even discussing the possibility invites shame and ridicule to those with the audacity to mention it. Napier has elevated himself in their minds as literally the worst head coach that has ever walked a sideline, at any level of the game.
Well, I have done my best to support him and I think he has done some good things but his game time coaching and decisions have really made it hard to believe he has the ability to win in the SEC. I really dont think he was prepared for the talent he has to face in this league and I just havent seen the fire and desire from him that I would consider normal for a coach that has had two losing seasons at a top tier school. He has created the doubt and he has to prove himself to just about everyone. I know you are still supporting him but I dont believe you really believe he will turn it around either. Here is to a good season.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I would love to know what you see ox that gives you an indication that this year will be any different than last year. Is it all these stellar hires he’s made in the offseason. Is it mertz returning.? Please expound on your suggestion we’ll be better and win more games.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I would love to know what you see ox that gives you an indication that this year will be any different than last year. Is it all these stellar hires he’s made in the offseason. Is it mertz returning.? Please expound on your suggestion we’ll be better and win more games.
I hear ya. If our defense is anything like last year I pretty much guarantee Billy is gone. He just cant survive giving away 700 plus yard games to anyone.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Mertz sucks, I hope Lagway plays early and often.

I also think the defense will be greatly improved, but that isn't saying much.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
I think Spurrier was firing a warring shot over Napiers head trying to light a fire under his as$
I want to see some emotion from Napier that make you think he gives a damn, that first game against the cocanes will mean a lot, lose that one and he might as well start packing his bags.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Mertz isn’t that bad. His QB coach sux ballz though.
Mertz was one of the bright spots on the team last year. Tough, gutsty play. Not a lot of arm talent, but he made lots of clutch throws and a few clutch runs. Stood tall in the pocket and picked himself up after every hit.

Lagway isn't ready. Neither is the O-line.

Last edited:

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is incredibly accurate. You’re a very wise man.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mertz was one of the bright spots on the team last year. Tough, gutsty play. Not a lot of arm talent, but he made lots of clutch throws and a few clutch runs. Stood talk in the pocket and picked himself up after every hit.

Lagway isn't ready. Neither is the O-line.

Mertz and his arm talent is NOT the reason the downfield passing game isnt there. He runs what Retard calls.

In 2022 we heard all the parrots claiming AR was throwing downfield instead of utilizing Retard's excellent checkdown passes. Now Mertz throws the checkdowns and same parrots bitch that he isnt throwing downfield like AR.

When your passing scheme sucks ass, no QB can fix it. There is the reason this turd gets himself fired everytime someone allows him to call plays.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You may get rolled by the mob by implying we are going to make a bowl game.
You two should run to Vegas and get that free money.

Those guys have no clue what they're talking about.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Well, he does have the worst record of any Gator football coach in our lifetimes.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He's the worst gator HC of my lifetime. If he does what we expect him to do this season he'll be the worst in the history of gator football.

But stoked for this season! Let's get it!

:pumper:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator