UF Fall Camp: camp over...Game 1 up next

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This was on SDS: UGA's AD said they are lowering prices on some of their concession (similar to what the new Mercedes Stadium in Atlanta & August National are doing): fans will see price cuts of close to 50 percent for some concession stand items: $2 Bottled water, $2.50 bottled soda, $2.50 hot dogs, $2 candy and $2 for a small popcorn and $5 for a large popcorn bucket.

I'd like to see this become a trend, especially on beer prices!! In 2019 I went to the Ravens & Bengals stadiums. The Ravens stadium had reduced prices on beers (like $8, I think)....and the same beer was $15 at the Bengals stadium.

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
This was on SDS: UGA's AD said they are lowering prices on some of their concession (similar to what the new Mercedes Stadium in Atlanta & August National are doing): fans will see price cuts of close to 50 percent for some concession stand items: $2 Bottled water, $2.50 bottled soda, $2.50 hot dogs, $2 candy and $2 for a small popcorn and $5 for a large popcorn bucket.

I'd like to see this become a trend, especially on beer prices!! In 2019 I went to the Ravens & Bengals stadiums. The Ravens stadium had reduced prices on beers (like $8, I think)....and the same beer was $15 at the Bengals stadium.

Wow how are these stadiums gonna survive when they are only making 300% profit on these items now.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wow how are these stadiums gonna survive when they are only making 300% profit on these items now.

I get it - they gotta make their money. It's the 'movie theater/stadium' upcharge. But $15 for a beer? WTF??? And $4 for a bottled water? That's highway robbery! Hell, it's worse than highway robbery!

Here's the story on the Ravens stadium lowering their prices:

Ravens lower concession prices at M&T Bank Stadium ahead of 2018 season

Alcoholic beverages were all reduced by $1 with the addition of domestic 12 ounce beer for $5. Chicken tenders with fries went from $11 to $7, while a slice of pizza went from $8.50 to $6. No single item will cost above $9.

Here's Mercedes Stadium prices:

Food & Beverage - Mercedes Benz Stadium

Cheeseburger $5, soda $2, water $2, hot dog $1.50

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015

Beer prices are gonna stay high.. the prohibitive cost works as a deterrent from publicly drunken behavior

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is the 4-star DE that Alabama convinced the gray-shirt (pay his own way for one semester, then go on scholarship in January) from a few years ago:

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
This is the 4-star DE that Alabama convinced the gray-shirt (pay his own way for one semester, then go on scholarship in January) from a few years ago:

First of all, that's crazy that they can convince top 100 guys to pay for their first semester. 2nd of all, he's class of 2017 and looks like he can't see the field for Bama. Doesn't mean he couldn't start here though with our joke of a defense

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
First of all, that's crazy that they can convince top 100 guys to pay for their first semester. 2nd of all, he's class of 2017 and looks like he can't see the field for Bama. Doesn't mean he couldn't start here though with our joke of a defense

Our DL is actually a strength going into this year. I didn't really post it as a "we should get this guy", but more of a "look at this f*cktard, who got suckered by Alabama 4 years ago and is now being processed out..."

Towels 'N Sporks

May 19, 2016
Our DL is actually a strength going into this year. I didn't really post it as a "we should get this guy", but more of a "look at this f*cktard, who got suckered by Alabama 4 years ago and is now being processed out..."

Ah, "our DL is actually a strength." He's a linebacker, but I see what you did there. Bama LB=Florida DT. Nice one!

But, seriously, I agree that if you are a top 100 kid and you are convinced to do this then you are the definition of a sucker.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

The story's actually worse than that. He paid out of pocket for a plane ticket to Paris so he could announce in front of the Eiffel Tower. Only to get get a phone call from Saban moments later saying "yeah, we're gonna need you to go ahead and pay your own way for a year, merci beaucoup".

It was back in 2017 too, so he was probably on "roam" charges as well. Just a complete disaster. He eventually made it to campus, but the mental toll on him had already been taken. I imagine going back to the airport, all while being mocked and jeered by Parisians, stings quite a bit.

I can't help but think if only Zoom backgrounds had been as popular back then, this whole tragedy may have been averted.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
The story's actually worse than that. He paid out of pocket for a plane ticket to Paris so he could announce in front of the Eiffel Tower. Only to get get a phone call from Saban moments later saying "yeah, we're gonna need you to go ahead and pay your own way for a year, merci beaucoup".

It was back in 2017 too, so he was probably on "roam" charges as well. Just a complete disaster. He eventually made it to campus, but the mental toll on him had already been taken. I imagine going back to the airport, all while being mocked and jeered by Parisians, stings quite a bit.

I can't help but think if only Zoom backgrounds had been as popular back then, this whole tragedy may have been averted.

wow...thats a lot of work for that one liner

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
wow...thats a lot of work for that one liner

I'm workshopping a new site with Ox, just for you. Max characters. Mostly pictures. Basically the Asteroids of message boards. In the meantime, I want you to know it pains me every time I hit the enter and start a new paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.