UF Fall Camp: camp over...Game 1 up next

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Look how big Des is. If he can just play 10-15 snaps/game, it's going to be fun to watch (I want to see him roll over some 290lb OG from FAU or USF)....but if he's in shape, regardless his youth/age he should be stout in short yardage situations - it'll be like the opposite of when the Bears ran "the refrigerator" as a fullback.

Look at him in this picture - Dexter is 6'6 310-ish (for comparison):

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Will they play a freshman though?

Never. I've heard here many times, and I believe it. Some of you act like Dexter made an Int on the third series against OM last year, with Henderson and Braun playing nearly every game as well. Or that Elam and Diabate played extensively in 2019(the latter starting 6 times). Where do you get these seriously loony suggestions?

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Never. I've heard here many times, and I believe it. Some of you act like Dexter made an Int on the third series against OM last year, with Henderson and Braun playing nearly every game as well. Or that Elam and Diabate played extensively in 2019(the latter starting 6 times). Where do you get these seriously loony suggestions?

Geesh...cant you read sarcasm?

(really wasn't being sarcastic, Ive obviouisly been brainwashed)

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was at the opener that year where we couldn't even get a snap off, and wasn't coming all the way back up for that disaster. But my mother has a half century in that stadium and still says it was the worst she's ever seen.

How long ago was that? That had to have been when David Jurgensen was the center. Wow, he was terrible.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
How long ago was that? That had to have been when David Jurgensen was the center. Wow, he was terrible.

I was thinking that was 2010. Maybe I'm wrong. In any event, I wasn't coming back up after we squeaked by a MAC team off a Janoris pick-6.

Wow, Jorgensen. Wasn't he the guy that looked like he was mid-40s while he was here? I know that sort of describes most OL, but something about the goatee made him look like a middle aged personal injury attorney who was already on his second wife.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was thinking that was 2010. Maybe I'm wrong. In any event, I wasn't coming back up after we squeaked by a MAC team off a Janoris pick-6.

Wow, Jorgensen. Wasn't he the guy that looked like he was mid-40s while he was here? I know that sort of describes most OL, but something about the goatee made him look like a middle aged personal injury attorney who was already on his second wife.

Wasn’t he the one that kept hiking the ball over the quarterbacks head? There was the one game we had against one of those SEC West teams where Rex Grossman kept having the ball hiked over his head And he made that incredible recovery and fired off a touchdown pass?

That might’ve also been the game where Spurrier got pissed off and punted on third down because the center couldn’t hike the damn ball.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Look how big Des is. If he can just play 10-15 snaps/game, it's going to be fun to watch (I want to see him roll over some 290lb OG from FAU or USF)....but if he's in shape, regardless his youth/age he should be stout in short yardage situations - it'll be like the opposite of when the Bears ran "the refrigerator" as a fullback.

Look at him in this picture - Dexter is 6'6 310-ish (for comparison):

I think Mark Wheeler will be disappointed at season's end.

But I'm looking forward to watching this dude play even if it is sparingly this year. He could be a special player that I'll tell my grandkids about 30 years from now.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn’t he the one that kept hiking the ball over the quarterbacks head? There was the one game we had against one of those SEC West teams where Rex Grossman kept having the ball hiked over his head And he made that incredible recovery and fired off a touchdown pass?

That might’ve also been the game where Spurrier got pissed off and punted on third down because the center couldn’t hike the damn ball.

It was 2001 at Mississippi State, which we played both quarterbacks Berlin and Grossman and by the end Grossman had taken over the job. It is the game where we punted on 3rd down.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

It was 2010. Mike Pouncey was moved to Center and he had a disaster of a game against Miami (Ohio), a 34-12 win. Brantley threw for like 110 yards.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

It was 2001 at Mississippi State, which we played both quarterbacks Berlin and Grossman and by the end Grossman had taken over the job. It is the game where we punted on 3rd down.

Ok J. I was thinking about the roll-back-to-the-QB snaps of 2010 that @BMF referenced. I think Douglas is correct on the game, but it had to have been 2000(not '01).

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It was 2010. Mike Pouncey was moved to Center and he had a disaster of a game against Miami (Ohio), a 34-12 win. Brantley threw for like 110 yards.

In Brantley's defense, on one of the opening plays he hits Thompson perfectly on a bomb, only to see Deonte drop it. Especially after Meyer's scuffle with reporters about DT's hands in the offseason, it was a definite "aaannnnddd our run is officially over" moment. Unfortunately Brantley never recovered outside the uga game later that year in Jax where he seemed to be able to shred the opponent's defense. Not sure who their DC was, but I certainly hope we never hire him.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In Brantley's defense, on one of the opening plays he hits Thompson perfectly on a bomb, only to see Deonte drop it. Especially after Meyer's scuffle with reporters about DT's hands in the offseason, it was a definite "aaannnnddd our run is officially over" moment. Unfortunately Brantley never recovered outside the uga game later that year in Jax where he seemed to be able to shred the opponent's defense. Not sure who their DC was, but I certainly hope we never hire him.

I would say that Brantley fall happened in the Alabama game where he was wrong on sprint options twice being caught from behind by the weak side end. Who the fck would call Brantley on the option play... it's like the OC didn't know he didn't have Tebow at quarterback anymore.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Good ole Deonte. Hands of stone.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I would say that Brantley fall happened in the Alabama game where he was wrong on sprint options twice being caught from behind by the weak side end. Who the fck would call Brantley on the option play... it's like the OC didn't know he didn't have Tebow at quarterback anymore.

This guy. Always loved this picture. The presence of Hobbs and Estop remind me of the days when we'd truly evaluate where we had holes and move unproductive players around to find solutions. I also like how clueless Daz looks and Hernandez saying "Coach, that's a page number."

l4A-vIoVqdUY96qrEASq5BJ364N-7c5oYOXwmezK5DbcFrRk2okuxoW2e_6eQXRy2j_ChjYtDia5bWOVjvvbAgVsIjvD3tcBlkUPLWFHUSutZTfINnr2AYx_OJaoxAo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.