UF football under NCAA investigation: Marcus Castro-Walker Fired

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's pay for play........ everyone knows it.......

So why the cluster F___k!

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I imagine our initial meeting looking something like this. Obviously minus the bikini clad women. And without the yacht of course. Or the shrimp.
Or the lobster. Or the general bravado.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Without a doubt the product on the field affects my apathy. But not as much as you may think. I watched Zooker, MushDwag, Shark Humper, Mullet, and Karl's first year. So that means that I sat thru 2 losing seasons in a row before my apathy got to the point that I did mind missing games in the 3rd losing season.

And if I wanted to watch professional athletes, there is already a league for that.
You’re making his point. You watched one shiitty coach after another as your interest dwindled until we reached the nadir that is Napier. No kidding everyone is losing interest. We have a fever and the only cure is less cowbell.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
You’re making his point. You watched one shiitty coach after another as your interest dwindled until we reached the nadir that is Napier. No kidding everyone is losing interest. We have a fever and the only cure is less cowbell.
No sir, you missed my point. If the product on the field were the main factor in my apathy, I would have checked out long ago. But I'm a Gator and I love college sports, student athlete who want to be Gators, etc. So I was willing to watch the crap that from the previous coaches. That didn't generate much apathy, more like accelerated my hair loss and took some years off my life. The apathy results from my disdain for what college football has devolved into. Karl's product on the field just makes it easier.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
No sir, you missed my point. If the product on the field were the main factor in my apathy, I would have checked out long ago. But I'm a Gator and I love college sports, student athlete who want to be Gators, etc. So I was willing to watch the crap that from the previous coaches. That didn't generate much apathy, more like accelerated my hair loss and took some years off my life. The apathy results from my disdain for what college football has devolved into. Karl's product on the field just makes it easier.
#metoo

There has been other things that has affected the fans, other than just crappy coaches.

The coach from a dynasty program leaves... and half the team bolts.

The wannabe dynasty program misses an opportunity to play for a three peat NC...and half the team bolts.

I watched college football for decades because most players loved the GAME, loved the University, loved the rivalries, loved thier teammates and were committed to them and their program.

All that is dead.

season 13 GIF

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I wasn't sure where to put this, but interesting development. I wonder if this is just the first step in them eventually breaking away from the NCAA.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like we're bringing back the old College Football Association.

It's an SEC/B1G world.

Alex.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I wasn't sure where to put this, but interesting development. I wonder if this is just the first step in them eventually breaking away from the NCAA.

The "mega conference". Nationwide , shared TV revenue (in Football), players become employees, set rates based on class (frosh, soph, Jr, Sr), yearly contracts, no free agency.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
#metoo

There has been other things that has affected the fans, other than just crappy coaches.

The coach from a dynasty program leaves... and half the team bolts.

The wannabe dynasty program misses an opportunity to play for a three peat NC...and half the team bolts.
There are still Gators out there. If we recruited Florida half as hard as we recruited Louisiana, Texas and Georgia, we would land more of them probably.

Gator CPA

Nov 16, 2015
I remember when we recruited during the Spurrier an Meyer days....you could go down the roster of players and I would say 80% of them were from the State of Florida. You'd of course have a few from GA, TX, and MS....but mostly FL guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator