UF hires MSU DC Geoff Collins, the "Minister of Mayhem"

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From SDS:Collins has been Mississippi State’s defensive coordinator for the past two seasons. During his time with the Bulldogs, Collins’ defense was top-five in the SEC in scoring defense both years and Collins was given the nickname, “Minister of Mayhem.”

He was also co-defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at Mississippi State from 2011-12. His only other prior experience in the SEC was in 2007 when he was the director of player personnel at Alabama.

With the Collins hire, current defensive coordinator and interim head coach DJ Durkin looks to be on his way out of Gainesville. He has been connected with the DC openings at Texas A&M and North Carolina.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n132345 said:
Yes, we'll be fine without him if he chooses to leave.

No ****, not what I asked.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Slevin;n132351 said:
Yep. Would not be heartbroken to dump every remaining coach.
I thought you were dead.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n132350 said:
No ****, not what I asked.

The rest of what you wanted know is irrelevant given the fact that it doesn't matter either way.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Slevin;132351 said:
Yep. Would not be heartbroken to dump every remaining coach.

More and more that I think about this, I agree. Get rid of the entire damn lot.

I wouldn't mind keeping T Rob because of his recruiting progress. And Summers. But otherwise, wash the program.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
GatorJ;n132374 said:

I wouldn't mind keeping T Rob because of his recruiting progress. And Summers. But otherwise, wash the program.

Summers would be cool, 1 year and the only one to actually improve a unit. T Rob has always been solid but I won't miss anybody to be honest. I hear the name durkin and lawing and roper and it just makes me think Muschamp and that dudes name needs to be burnt out of memory

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@osgators: The 2014 Bulldogs are 10th in scoring defense (19.4 ppg) and in 2013 were 4th in the SEC in total defense and takeaways (25) under Collins.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n132374 said:

Agreed with Summers. Our oline was much improved compared to previous years and he hasn't been at UF long enough to have picked up WM's stink

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
Hope he can teach our secondary proper eye control.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I Have No Friends :(;n132370 said:
The rest of what you wanted know is irrelevant given the fact that it doesn't matter either way
:popcorn:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorJ;n132374 said:

Not Lawing? I think he did fine with the Dline.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n132389 said:
Not Lawing? I think he did fine with the Dline.

He did a fair job. We've had sub-par play from our DTs for a few years now. Ends have been stellar.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Slevin;n132377 said:
Summers would be cool, 1 year and the only one to actually improve a unit. T Rob has always been solid but I won't miss anybody to be honest. I hear the name durkin and lawing and roper and it just makes me think Muschamp and that dudes name needs to be burnt out of memory

True, but Durkin was originally hired under Meyer and was kept and eventually promoted by Muschamp.

Durkin can flat out coach LB's and special teams. Seems like our LB's played much better football when that was Durkin's primary responsibility for 3 of his 5 years here. And our special teams have taken a major nose dive since he quit coaching them. I miss the days when we had lights out special teams. Maybe that's something Mac can bring back.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: Like McElwain's hire of Geoff Collins to run #Gators D. Been told by a few of his old colleagues, Collins is very good at developing talent

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.