UF making a full time switch to the Jordan brand?

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Thank God. Mike really could use the money.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
This is all about the money, I heard the lines need repainted on the tennis courts. One good thing that may come of this are some actual one of a kind special occasion uniforms. Tebow and the 2009 team wearing those damn duck feathers still pisses me off.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I know some might say (and they'd probably be right) that the younger kids will approve of this and that it will help recruiting.

1. It's a pitty that changing the logo (even though it's the same freakin' company's stuff) would affect a decision like this.
2. It has been said, but still... it's dumb to have a basketball player on other types of uniforms.
3. Why do we desire to worship idols like this? If I have big-time potential, I wouldn't want to exalt him, I'd want to replicate or surpass his accomplishments. Why would I want to contribute to his legend and coffers? At least let me build my own.
4. While he's not the worst, there are so many more deserving idols. I lament that he was the first king of celebrity endorsement / branding and seems to not be losing any steam.

Great points!!!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So all the people who complain about facilities are now saying it is a bad move to move to a brand that players will value higher?

- Facilities matter... kids want swag, nice living areas, etc...
- Jumpman is something they can show off to their friends... it has value to these kids.

If it gives us an edge and I don't know why we wouldn't want any edge we can get.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He is right. We may not get it, but it matters to kids, obviously, or Nike wouldnt be doing it (and making more money off of it).

We will probably starting wearing or helmets sideways and leaving that little foil sticker on everything.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He certainly built the greatest brand for an athlete in history. Literally a billionaire because of it.
His Nike deal was worth $100 million for MJ last year, by our count, or more than the $94 million in total playing salary he made during 15 NBA seasons.

Forbes values Jordan at $1B.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
His Nike deal was worth $100 million for MJ last year, by our count, or more than the $94 million in total playing salary he made during 15 NBA seasons.

Forbes values Jordan at $1B.
Yeah.....and a dozen freaking years after he retired for the third time. It's astonishing.

Most players lose all their popularity and mojo after they hang it up. Not him. Kids who never even watched him play live worship him.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He is right. We may not get it, but it matters to kids, obviously, or Nike wouldnt be doing it (and making more money off of it).

We will probably starting wearing or helmets sideways and leaving that little foil sticker on everything.
We're gonna leave the tags on the helmets

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.