UF vs. UM Vegas betting line

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I fully expect this to be a Clown Town or Meatchikn type beatdown. 41-10ish.

Diaz has been average at best as a DC over a half dozen stops. I expect him to have less success than Richt.

Mullinz knows him well. Zero concern about this game.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Vegas just came out with the betting line on this game with UF as an 8.5 point favorite. Sounds about right. Both teams have good solid defenses but both have suspect offenses and will depend a lot on the QB play. Miami is a total unknown offensively, although with HC Diaz I feel they will be more aggressive. I have no doubt that both Coaches Diaz and Mullen will have their team ready. Regardless, always a great State of FL rivalry game.

Disagree in that the Gators’ only big question is at OL. I haven’t followed your Canes closely but gather they have an active, athletic front 7 that could disrupt a newly formed Gator OL.

Franks is much more settled at QB heading into spring. If he gets beaten out, or if he doesn’t, that position is much stronger for UF than Miami. Miami is close to F$U thin/inexperienced.

And don’t forget special teams.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
This article is hysterical (posted 12/2/18). Looks to guys like Bogle, Summerall, Zipperer & Tarquin to add depth for scUM.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Do they limit how expensive a room can be with these transfer recruiting visits? I am sure that room is pretty expensive being at South Beach.

Jun 2, 2015

A team generally takes on the personality/traits of the HC which the Gators have experienced this past year from Mac to Mullen (what a difference coaching made). Richt was so laid back that at times I felt our team was asleep. Diaz is aggressive and actually somewhat hyper. He has made it quite clear that he wants aggressive ball play both defensively and offensively.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
A team generally takes on the personality/traits of the HC which the Gators have experienced this past year from Mac to Mullen (what a difference coaching made). Richt was so laid back that at times I felt our team was asleep. Diaz is aggressive and actually somewhat hyper. He has made it quite clear that he wants aggressive ball play both defensively and offensively.

Wanting it and getting it are two different things...I’m not saying he doesn’t have the plan to do that but honestly idk if he has the offensive pieces or coordinator to get it done...like Muschamp he’s gonna revert to defense when it’s a tight game or he has a lead...maybe maybe not...I guess we’ll see...but I’m gonna bet it’s a game much like the first one Mullen coached in...great defensive play but I think we’ve got a better offense and coach that won’t stop pushing ahead with either side of the ball and he really loves coaching in rivalry games...Gators 27-13

Jun 2, 2015
Disagree in that the Gators’ only big question is at OL. I haven’t followed your Canes closely but gather they have an active, athletic front 7 that could disrupt a newly formed Gator OL.

Franks is much more settled at QB heading into spring. If he gets beaten out, or if he doesn’t, that position is much stronger for UF than Miami. Miami is close to F$U thin/inexperienced.

And don’t forget special teams.

Agree on the QB position being stronger. Franks seemed to be reading the defense much better the last few games which is probably the result of much better coaching. Our QB issue is still up in the air.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I'm glad we're playing Miami at this time in our history. We've already taken care of FSU. UCF, a wannabe, got clipped by LSU. South Florida is heading south. If we can get a big win over Miami it will go a long ways to establishing UF as The University of Florida in football again. It's about damn time.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The crowd will be at least 85% Gators, and as we already saw last year, Mullen game plans well for the talent we have vs the scheme we face each week.

We beat them by double digits easily.

Go Gators

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Florida's offense is no longer suspect, sorry to disappoint you. Miamuh is gonna get smoked.
The playcalling is no longer suspect, but I suspect Franks remains vulnerable to a defense that can consistently put pressure on him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Was his defense playing aggressive when they lost to Wisky 35-3?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Was his defense playing aggressive when they lost to Wisky 35-3?
I don’t understand the optimism with the Diaz hire. He was part of the staff that just tanked. Is the theory that Richt, a highly regarded but not quite elite coach, was holding back his DC?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
All I can say is:
muschamp for dummies.jpg

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I scratched my head a bit on the Diaz hire. Sounds more like the inmates are running the Asylum at scUM. That's not a combination to right the ship for any program. See UF having a good opening game. For myamUh, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Jun 2, 2015
Well, one plus for us is that no one knows how our offense will play out this year (including us too). Lots of transfer grads although the biggest question is who is going to be the QB. Secondly, regardless of strength and weaknesses a rivalry game can be unpredictable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator