Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n86023 said:
We both know Pete Lembo would be more balanced.:dance:

Speaking of, Ball St. tanked like a mothereffer this year, goodness gracious. No matter what bad things I have to say about him, he's won everywhere he's been, but they've been BAD this year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n85981 said:
I just don't want to see names like Leach, Briles, Holgorson, or Rich Rod brought up anymore.
Exactly. Why would we replace a 4-8 coach who doesn't know a damn thing about offense for one of those 4-8 coaches who doesn't know a damn thing about defense.

Sumlin is the exception IMO. He has had good defenses in the past. Just has a piss poor DC that plays Ohio State soft zone cover 2 all the time. But Sumlin isn't going anywhere. Freeze is in play. We couldn't make Sumlin an offer he couldn't refuse and which ATM counldn't counter. We could with Ole Sis.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n86027 said:
Exactly. Why would we replace a 4-8 coach who doesn't know a damn thing about offense for one of those 4-8 coaches who doesn't know a damn thing about defense.

Sumlin is the exception IMO. He has had good defenses in the past. Just has a piss poor DC that plays Ohio State soft zone cover 2 all the time. But Sumlin isn't going anywhere. Freeze is in play. We couldn't make Sumlin an offer he couldn't refuse and which ATM counldn't counter. We could with Ole Sis.
Briles team has played good defense the last two years. He's not like leach or holgerson his offense is balanced and their passing game relies mainly on play action rather than the air raid throwing 60 times a game . His defensive stats are deceiving because teams are always playing from behind. I actually seen Phil Steele breaking down his defense and they were actually pretty good when comes down to yards per play. Factor in the athletes he would have here on the defensive side of the ball. Briles is a highly unlikely hire simply because Baylor will do anything to keep. But he definitely would be a homerun hire.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n86041 said:
Briles team has played good defense the last two years. He's not like leach or holgerson his offense is balanced and their passing game relies mainly on play action rather than the air raid throwing 60 times a game . His defensive stats are deceiving because teams are always playing from behind. I actually seen Phil Steele breaking down his defense and they were actually pretty good when comes down to yards per play. Factor in the athletes he would have here on the defensive side of the ball. Briles is a highly unlikely hire simply because Baylor will do anything to keep. But he definitely would be a homerun hire.

Perhaps maybe Briles has gone as far as he can at Baylor. Hopefully the potential at UF would be enough for him to consider leaving.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n86013 said:
Patterson would honestly qualify the best if we're talking balanced head coaches.

I agree with Sas. Patterson may be the best candidate. Briles is a Texan and isn't leaving Texas

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
We need a clone of Bill Snyder. What that man has done at K-State with 3 star and Juco players is amazing. Manhattan, KS was a laughing stock until that man arrived. He retired and they crapped the bed again. He came out of retirement and has the program back to prominence.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n86317 said:
We need a clone of Bill Snyder. What that man has done at K-State with 3 star and Juco players is amazing. Manhattan, KS was a laughing stock until that man arrived. He retired and they crapped the bed again. He came out of retirement and has the program back to prominence.

Can't argue with you on that one. I watched the KS/OU game the other day. He seems to still have it.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Law98gator;86027 said:
Captain Sasquatch;n85981 said:
I just don't want to see names like Leach, Briles, Holgorson, or Rich Rod brought up anymore.
Exactly. Why would we replace a 4-8 coach who doesn't know a damn thing about offense for one of those 4-8 coaches who doesn't know a damn thing about defense. Sumlin is the exception IMO. He has had good defenses in the past. Just has a piss poor DC that plays Ohio State soft zone cover 2 all the time. But Sumlin isn't going anywhere. Freeze is in play. We couldn't make Sumlin an offer he couldn't refuse and which ATM counldn't counter. We could with Ole Sis.
So don't mention any of my favorites?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.