UGA favored 18.5 points over Arkansas and climbing

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Its at Sanford. I think crowd noise, esp early this season, is a much bigger factor than its been in a long time. Clemson is looking like crap so that win is losing some worth. Going to be an interesting game for sure and I really have no idea how good either of these teams really are at this point.

3 of my oldest friends went to uga so I've been to 8 or 10 games there over the years, it's not loud at all. It's probably 5th at best in the SEC east as far as noise. Definitely behind UF, Tenn, USCe, I've never been to Kentucky but it seems pretty loud on tv so it's probably behind it as well. It holds a lot of people but the design is stupid. It's almost like a horseshoe with the "bridge" on one end, I guess that lets too much of the noise escape.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Dogs have given up 2 tds all year. Yes two of the games were junk, but the other two were legit. I hate the dogs but hard to call them overrrated until someone actually puts more than 13 points on them. This weeks game will probably tell us a lot more.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I've been to 8 or 10 games there over the years, it's not loud at all. It's probably 5th at best in the SEC east as far as noise. Definitely behind UF, Tenn, USCe, I've never been to Kentucky but it seems pretty loud on tv so it's probably behind it as well.
Dwag fans on reading this post: “At least we’ll always have Vandy!”

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That’s a very surprising number. Are Ugly fans are betting heavily no matter what the line?

Somewhat unrelated, but Arky certainly put to bed for a while the idea that Dumbo was turning A&M into a contender. Prior to Saturday, they beat up on Kent State and New Mexico sandwiched around a 10-7 game with Colorado. Other than a long TD run their offense couldn’t really do much. To Ox’s point, it makes me wonder what makes people think Uglys offense is any better than A&Ms?

Remember, aTm also lost their starting QB for the year.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Remember, aTm also lost their starting QB for the year.
True.

Funny story about the current aTm QB Calzada. His freshman year of HS he was in my son’s class. There was another kid in the class who beat out Calzada to be the back up on Varsity and Calzada was relegated to JV. Figuring he’d never beat out the other kid, Calzada transferred to another HS. The kid who beat him out is now a back up QB (way down the depth chart) at Air Force and Calzada is a starter in the SEC. Clearly he (and his parents no doubt) chose wisely. (He wasn’t missed; the QB now at AF led my kids HS to state titles his Jr and Sr years.)

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
True.

Funny story about the current aTm QB Calzada. His freshman year of HS he was in my son’s class. There was another kid in the class who beat out Calzada to be the back up on Varsity and Calzada was relegated to JV. Figuring he’d never beat out the other kid, Calzada transferred to another HS. The kid who beat him out is now a back up QB (way down the depth chart) at Air Force and Calzada is a starter in the SEC. Clearly he (and his parents no doubt) chose wisely. (He wasn’t missed; the QB now at AF led my kids HS to state titles his Jr and Sr years.)

If the kid at who beat him out and won state titles was so good then why is he at freaking Air Force?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
If the kid at who beat him out and won state titles was so good then why is he at freaking Air Force?
My understanding is he was a much better leader. The team had plenty of star power (four other kids are now playing D1 ball), but I suspect the coach preferred his steadiness and toughness. He actually had better offers to play safety (and offers for baseball), but he wanted to play QB - and was interested in a military career. Calzada also, obviously, improved quite a bit.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
UGA's offense was held to 3 points vs. Clemson. I don't see Arkansas scoring more than 10-14 offensively, so UGA needs to get to 24-30 to cover this spread. I'm not sure they can pull that off w/ Arkansas playing so well defensively. If UGA's D creates turnovers and/or short fields for the offense it could happen. I just see Arkansas' offense struggling mightily.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UGA's offense was held to 3 points vs. Clemson. I don't see Arkansas scoring more than 10-14 offensively, so UGA needs to get to 24-30 to cover this spread. I'm not sure they can pull that off w/ Arkansas playing so well defensively. If UGA's D creates turnovers and/or short fields for the offense it could happen. I just see Arkansas' offense struggling mightily.

Both are run first offenses as well, I don't know if there will be enough offensive snaps for UGA to pull away for that spread.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
True.

He graduated from Lanier. What high school did he start at?
I live up the road in Flowery Branch.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do you really think the UGA offense will score that many points on Arky?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Do you really think the UGA offense will score that many points on Arky?

No, did you read the post? But if UGA's defense creates turnovers and/or gives UGA's offense a short field it could happen. If UGA gets a 2 score lead in the second half and Arkansas' sh*tty QB is forced to pass, UGA's defense will feast - which will allow their offense to tack on some cheap scores.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Arkansas’ starting QB Jefferson, left that game in the 3rd qtr I think?
Never came back in.
His game is very much like Richardson.
Big, fast and very athletic .

Exactly the type of QB/Offense Kirby has trouble stopping.
Still, I don’t think Arky has the talent to hold up against the GA front seven for 4 qtrs.

I absolutely love Odom’s defense and Ga’s offense hasn’t looked all that great against decent competition.

I think Ga will win a tight game.
3-10 points.

The thing that interests me most is how Ga will contain KJ Jefferson.
I think that part of this game , along with the running game for Arky, directly related to our upcoming matchup with Ga..

I hope Jefferson is 100%

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Arkansas’ starting QB Jefferson, left that game in the 3rd qtr I think?
Never came back in.
His game is very much like Richardson.
Big, fast and very athletic .

Exactly the type of QB/Offense Kirby has trouble stopping.
Still, I don’t think Arky has the talent to hold up against the GA front seven for 4 qtrs.

I absolutely love Odom’s defense and Ga’s offense hasn’t looked all that great against decent competition.

I think Ga will win a tight game.
3-10 points.

The thing that interests me most is how Ga will contain KJ Jefferson.
I think that part of this game , along with the running game for Arky, directly related to our upcoming matchup with Ga..

I hope Jefferson is 100%

Richardson returned to the game after he went out. Jefferson was 7 for 15 passing (212 yards, had an 85, 48, & 21 yard completion) - so he's not necessarily the best passing threat. He's a big boy, but I see him struggling vs. UGA's front. He's a new starter and going into Athens. As I said earlier, I think UGA's defense forces them into mistakes and that will lead to a couple of easy/cheap UGA scores. It's just hard to see UGA covering 18 points regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.