Up-Tempo/Fast Break Offense

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I found it odd that we didn't see a real Up-Tempo offense against EMU. Then, Kentucky came along and once again, I wondered where that Roper offense was. I wondered if they were saving it for Bamer, but, we didn't see it then, either. With Driskel's poor play, I can't help but wonder if Jeff hasn't been able to run such an offense in practice. Is it because we are so thin on the OL and running a fast pace would tire them out. Are the skilled players having trouble picking it up? I tend to believe the lack of depth on the OL is the main reason; however, after watching Jeff, I wonder if he has the mental ability to run Roper's offense.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
The easy answer is that 4 years and 3 OC's into the Muschamp debacle, it appears as though Muschamp is still the manipulator holding the strings.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Compared to last year the oline is 100% better. After that take your pick
1) JD not doing what he's supposed to do cuz he can't
2) JD not doing because not enough time with this OC
3) Muschamp meddling.
4) team not executing what Roper wants cuz that haven't had enough time to learn it

I think that the evidence is that we r a poorly coached team all around

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Up tempo? Yeah right. Might as well look for the unicorn.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I read somewhere that Roper suggested we go faster but Muschamp said no because he was concerned about, get this, "the defense being put in a bad position." I guess the concern was that if we went too fast, the defense would have given up 800 yards instead of 650.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
I read somewhere that Roper suggested we go faster but Muschamp said no because he was concerned about, get this, "the defense being put in a bad position." I guess the concern was that if we went too fast, the defense would have given up 800 yards instead of 650.
800 may be a realistic goal for WM to shoot for next.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
BUT BUT BUT Muschamp doesn't affect the offense. Those are all lies.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
He's too dense to realize it works both ways. 3 and outs kill morale almost as bad as uncontested 80 TD throws against your defense.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[URL="https://gatorchatter.com/member/216-ufgator812" said:
ufgator812[/URL] ;n57948]800 may be a realistic goal for WM to shoot for next. .

Well since he's all all about breaking records. Why not go for the gusto?

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd;n57920 said:
Driskel can't run slow-tempo offenses much less up an up-tempo offense.

This. I'd bet they're protecting Driskel.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812 said:
The easy answer is that 4 years and 3 OC's into the Muschamp debacle, it appears as though Muschamp is still the manipulator holding the strings.
I think so also. It not only shows on the field. but in his shifting statements re offense matters that move in weekly increments further away from his preseason consistent hype.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd said:
one confusing thing for me is that Roper and practice reports from fans kept saying he was getting the ball released in 2 seconds-of course that was practice.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix said:
Compared to last year the oline is 100% better. After that take your pick
1) JD not doing what he's supposed to do cuz he can't
2) JD not doing because not enough time with this OC
3) Muschamp meddling.
4) team not executing what Roper wants cuz that haven't had enough time to learn it

I think that the evidence is that we r a poorly coached team all around
this makes sense

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
I have no doubt from things he keeps saying that each week he is more dismantling of Roper's plan. Watch out for the "we decided" statements about approaches that have been typical muschamp game killers. Also the explanations of having to abandon this and that because opposing defense gave them something they really should have prepared for.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC said:
The moron said this after getting the ball back before the half and running 3 straight plays. Should have fired him right then and there.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Mudd said:
They also said after the 2nd read he had the green light to take off and run. Haven't seen it.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think we missed the memo that said to see up tempo, you have to tape the game, then whenever we have the ball, play it in "fast forward" mode. Otherwise, I ain't seeing anything different overall than what we have seen in the past...in fact it is getting worse.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The problem is we have lost our identity on both sides of the ball. Atleast we knew who we was in 12. Now he wanted to make this change to spread teams out and go uptempo and won't commit to it. A huge part in that is his poor recruiting or roster management of at the qb position has left us with driskel.

Munk

Quitter
Aug 3, 2014
I bet Muschamp rips Roper a new one this morning, then calls Foley and explains how he took steps to correct the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.