UPDATE: QB Malik Zaire officially a Gator

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Now, that is a scary stat. Did Appleby get an NFL tryout? I don't pay attention to the draft. By the way, Dilfer said this kid Zaire (isn't that where Ali "rope a doped Foreman) is a great passer and I put tremendous stock in Dilfer's opinion......
Yeah Appleby is on the Cowboys roster for training camp.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Zaire is a smart kid and should pick the playbook up pretty quick. 12 weeks will be plenty of time for him to do that.
No it's not. Nuss's playbook is complex from what I've read and there's 100s of plays, the formations and terms. He may understand most of it but it won't be to the level he needs to succeed. He's also a bad fit for this offense. See Treon, Devin, etc for reasons why this is going to be a disaster.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Of course he is not. But the other options are a guy who couldn't get on the three deep at Oregon State, a guy who is more interested in making duck faces and can't throw seams, corners, or outs, and a guy who couldn't start in HS and who was going to be Houston Baptist's fourth stringer.

You left out slants, drags and crossing patterns. Other than that pretty much nailed it. He throws a killer 9 route though.Hopefully nobody catches onto this, and never plays cover 2 against us.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
"Of course he is not. But the other options are a guy who couldn't get on the three deep at Oregon State, a guy who is more interested in making duck faces and can't throw seams, corners, or outs, and a guy who couldn't start in HS and who was going to be Houston Baptist's fourth stringer." - Swamp D on Franks

"Ummm.... no. I like him, but he isn't nearly as good at X's and O's as Dave, for sure. He's damn sure better than Spivey though. And they are all waaaaaay better than the GS boobs (which still includes Crucial in my mind." - Swamp D on Goldkamp being his boy

You sure about that Donkey? As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :)

Last edited:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
"Of course he is not. But the other options are a guy who couldn't get on the three deep at Oregon State, a guy who is more interested in making duck faces and can't throw seams, corners, or outs, and a guy who couldn't start in HS and who was going to be Houston Baptist's fourth stringer." - Swamp D on Franks

"Ummm.... no. I like him, but he isn't nearly as good at X's and O's as Dave, for sure. He's damn sure better than Spivey though. And they are all waaaaaay better than the GS boobs (which still includes Crucial in my mind." - Swamp D on Goldkamp being his boy

Thomas Goldkamp‏Verified account @ThomasGoldkamp 21h21 hours ago
Thomas Goldkamp Retweeted Devils Advocate

I'm definitely not sold on the ones I've seen. TBD on Zaire for me.

Thomas Goldkamp added,

Devils Advocate @JayyRoCK510
Replying to @ThomasGoldkamp
You must really hate the current QBs
1f622.png

They might have to put Goldkamp on restriction for saying that about Franks even though he was trying to be political saying it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.