Updated schedule predictions

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
This is going to be an interesting season--if it plays out.
A few things to consider:
The entire SEC must fight through the SEC gauntlet, and that means no "cupcakes" to rest starters and develop rotation; teams will be forced to play underclassmen in less than favorable conditions.
Also, no team is really sure about their roster at this point, and maybe not any point moving forward--any player can choose to "sit out" at any time. So how do coaches plan for the next game? Everyone must be prepared.
If--and that is a very big "if," the season plays out, then the team with the most depth with be the team with the best chance of winning the championship. I know that seems obvious, and is usually the way it works, but it will be more exaggerated this year.
I really hope that this season plays out, but that is going to require certain protocols to change and adapt from where they are now.
My thoughts are that it will probably be given a start, but (without necessary adjustments that we have yet to see) it will most likely be cancelled when the first spread of covid happens.
I'm interested to see some thoughts from the "powers that be" (I have no idea who is pulling the reigns) as to what happens when a person tests positive, because, if they are going to follow what has already been happening, then I see no way for this season to play out.
So the way I see it, we go undefeated. We beat ole piss, the covid takes over, and we go 1-0.
Better win that game, otherwise we...well, you get the picture.
Then it's "see you next September."

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
If you listen to ESPN, he is a Heisman winner, waiting to happen. All because what he did in a weak conference last year. Remember the last time jawja got an ACC transfer? He got beat out in week 2 by a freshman.
Go back and look at the game by game stats. Against the better defenses in that conf he was pedestrian or worse. We’ll certainly know by the time we play them.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
They got us at 7-3 losing to A&M LSU and UGA...thoughts?

Florida Football: Updated game-by-game predictions for 2020 season
we'll win 1 of those 3 but who knows which. For everyone wondering where the a&m loss predictions come from, take a look at Mullenz record against teams with more talent and depth. A&m has both. They also don't run a fcktarded offense.

If we can't beat uga this year Mullen never will. Lsu will be an enigma with all they've lost so who knows about that one.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
A few things to consider:
The entire SEC must fight through the SEC gauntlet, and that means no "cupcakes" to rest starters and develop rotation; teams will be forced to play underclassmen in less than favorable conditions.

Building on that, if the 4 game rule for redshirts to play in...and the potential for the season to cancel at anytime, do coaches try to get those freshmen in early in the season, or hold them for when depth becomes more of an issue? Not that they'd be contributing all that much above giving starters breathers.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
we'll win 1 of those 3 but who knows which. For everyone wondering where the a&m loss predictions come from, take a look at Mullenz record against teams with more talent and depth. A&m has both. They also don't run a fcktarded offense.

If we can't beat uga this year Mullen never will. Lsu will be an enigma with all they've lost so who knows about that one.

I just don't see a loss against A&M. I don't care about their talent or depth the issue is they don't have any elite players at any skill position and their QB is an more athletic Franks.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We run the table.

This table?

images

YLGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 14, 2016
Wow, some of you all are depressing. Maybe they should just cancel the season. When does curling season start?
Season’s already been cancelled. A few schools are now trying to schedule some Exhibition games where some of their top players will make an appearance. Nobody will be crowing about any trophy’s this year.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't see a loss against A&M. I don't care about their talent or depth the issue is they don't have any elite players at any skill position and their QB is an more athletic Franks.
go ahead and rattle off some elite players at skill positions we have. I'll wait.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Grimes Pitts Copeland *IF he can hold on to the ball Lingard could be a game changer...you want defense too?

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lsu will be an enigma with all they've lost so who knows about that one.
The ogre has to go back to being over, correct?.
I kept thinking that about The Hat, but it took almost a decade for him to return to his 7-5 ways.

Honestly most of the SEC is absolutely atrocious right now. it's embarrassing how bad it is.

A reject 3rd string QB and a frickin GA turned "pass game coordinator" make Ogre and Ensminger look like Spurrier Part 2.

Jim Donnan and Fat Phil would dominate everyone but Little Nick right now.

Malzahn and Dorky Dan Mahzahn Lite are what passes for "offensive genius" in todays SEC? When will this shtt end?

BTW is Urchin Leyer the first QB to run off two QBs who later won Heismans and NCs at another school that utilized their arm instead?

What an idiot. Run off Joe Burrow bc he cant run your stupid Notre Dame option.

He is damn lucky he knows STs and how to recruit bc he is a damn bonehead often.

Last edited:

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Season’s already been cancelled. A few schools are now trying to schedule some Exhibition games where some of their top players will make an appearance. Nobody will be crowing about any trophy’s this year.

You might not, but if we win it all this year, I will be crowing about the trophy.

On this board you will find many posts pissing and moaning about players sitting out, not being team players, selfish, etc. And I agree with most of those posts. If we expect loyalty from the players for the team and the institution, do they not have the same expectation of loyalty from us fans?

Well they have my loyalty. I will watch the games, celebrate the victories, mourn any losses. What I will not do is diminish their effort by calling them "Exhibition Games". And as a Gator, I damm sure will not be putting an asterisk next to anything we win this year. How about we leave those kind of moves to the Holes and the Dwags?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.