Urban Meyer interview

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Sabans years should be coming to an end and getting Urbs back would tilt the UGA dynasty back toward us instantly

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if he sees the writing on the wall for Napier and is just waiting for the job to open up. He obviously doesn't like how his tenure here ended, and it seems like he wants a do over. At least, that's what I hope anyway.

Sounded to me like he was wanting to say I'm not tone deaf to what happened, adding, "But eff you and the horse you rode in on if you want to argue my players were thugs." That's not an actual quote but rather a paraphrase in quotes.

He seems unusually comfortable, a sign of growth, maturity or both. Yes, some of us blossom much later.

I hope he realizes this hanging around waiting on Billy is a longass process. Urbs tends to like to get things done yesterday.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

I would love for him to come back either as the head coach or GM for football (which is needed with NIL and portal).

It would be a great way for him to fix the butthurt that some feel while getting the football program back on firm footing with tough, competitive coaching and players that have pride in the school and tradition.

One can dream.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If Urbs doesn't want to coach but misses the sport, I wonder if he'd be interested in the AD gig?

Only if he can delegate 97.345% of the job function to Gigi.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Outside of Mack Brown going back to UNC and Bill Snyder going back to KSU, can any of you think of a time a former college coach came back to a school after a gap of several years? Second acts in life rarely seem to work out, but if anyone could pull it off, it would probably be Urbs.
You have a good point, the odds are against him recapturing his old glory, but he'd be a monumental improvement over Karl.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
That was a really good interview and Ali Peek has quickly gone from, "that female reporter sure is pretty" to "that interviewer, Ali Peek, brought up a good point and exposed something I didn't know/consider."

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
That was a really good interview and Ali Peek has quickly gone from, "that female reporter sure is pretty" to "that interviewer, Ali Peek, brought up a good point and exposed something I didn't know/consider."
But she is definitely a pumper though. Her podcast are basically two staged. Stage 1 is "I know how feel Gator fans, I feel the same!" Stage 2 usually involves some reason to not want Karl fired.

But she is cute so I like to watch her. And the Urban interview was pretty good.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But she is definitely a pumper though. Her podcast are basically two staged. Stage 1 is "I know how feel Gator fans, I feel the same!" Stage 2 usually involves some reason to not want Karl fired.

But she is cute so I like to watch her. And the Urban interview was pretty good.

That wasn't as much an interview as it was a genuflection. She could hardly contain her awe of Meyer.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Mr Bean Waiting GIF by MOODMAN

Still waiting on your take, especially the "don't blame the players" part.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I just love Urban Meyer, that's a guy with swag who is in control. The guy just has "it."

I'd buy Bitcoin from him if he was selling it

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just love Urban Meyer, that's a guy with swag who is in control. The guy just has "it."

I'd buy Bitcoin from him if he was selling it

He'd probably make you do 50 pushups before he gouged you on the price.

Last edited:

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
God I'd take him back in a heart beat. If he has any real interest and we have competent AD, they should fire BN this evening and announce UM tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.