Urban Meyer interview

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know that Meyer was actually accusing Napier of that. Sounded to me as though he was making the point of coaches in general. That would be quite a swipe if he was.
I don't think so either, but Donkey just loves to stir the pot.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Pricks win titles. Magnanimous guys win friends.
Spurrier wasn't a prick. At worst, he was a magnanimous prick. Urbs is just a prick. I think Spurrier is the kind of guy that would actually swing on you. I see Urbs as a flinching bitch.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier wasn't a prick. At worst, he was a magnanimous prick. Urbs is just a prick. I think Spurrier is the kind of guy that would actually swing on you. I see Urbs as a flinching bitch.

We're both Gators. We both know of many non-Gators who think SOS is a huge prick. It depends on who's being the prick and how they do it. I met Spurrier once, on assignment, and came away thinking he was pretty adept at being a prick, but different than Meyer. He exuded an indifferent air, an arrogance. I suppose Meyer can be both, but I've never met him in person.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He also seems to love talking about how special that UF job is. Normally I'd say there is zero chance he'd take the job if offered, but now Im not so sure.

Last interview was digs about Billy not understanding and capitalizing on momentum. This interview about not claiming these aren't your kids and wait til I get my recruits.
Dude, like Urban or hate him he's a shark that knows the smell of blood in the water. Whether that means capitalizing on momentum in a game, blowing out a cupcake so his reserves get playing time or putting himself in a position to be on top for a short time.....the only question in my mind is if he'll take it if Stricklin remains after Karls axing....plain and simple. And you better bet being in Jax he's in full contact and rubbing elbows with some big donors too.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Dude, like Urban or hate him he's a shark that knows the smell of blood in the water. Whether that means capitalizing on momentum in a game, blowing out a cupcake so his reserves get playing time or putting himself in a position to be on top for a short time.....the only question in my mind is if he'll take it if Stricklin remains after Karls axing....plain and simple. And you better bet being in Jax he's in full contact and rubbing elbows with some big donors too.
He sought and capitalized on momentum swings. In all three phases of the game.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I wanted this fanbase to give him a chance. I never claimed he would win at UF. Never. He's still here, so I'm still giving him a chance - now a 10% chance at success.

As for Meyer, I'd sure love to get him back. However, I just don't think there's a chance in hell that those in charge would hire him even if he was interested. They primarily view his run at UF as an embarrassment, despite an overflowing trophy case. He's been shunned for the Ring of Honor for a reason.

And we did give him a chance. You were successful beyond your wildest dreams. No one was wanting him fired after Year 1 (despite some troublesome signs); and we didn't exactly start calling for his head until the back-end of this season when the coaching mistakes started adding up.

As for Meyer: I think the fans would accept him, even if the UF Admins might grumble.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
As for Meyer: I think the fans would accept him, even if the UF Admins might grumble.
Accept him? After the last dozen years, the fans would build golden idols of him. They would throw rose petals in front of him everywhere he walked around town.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I've never met Urbs or SOS but I did meet Lou Holtz and Lee Corso. Corso was the nicest man you would ever meet. Talked with my staff for over 30 minutes laughing and joking.... Holtz on the other hand had 2 servers to wait on him by himself and when they approached to see if he needed anything he just looked over the top of his newspaper and "shooed" at them with his hand like they were human flies without saying a word.....who do you think was the better coach?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I've never met Urbs or SOS but I did meet Lou Holtz and Lee Corso. Corso was the nicest man you would ever meet. Talked with my staff for over 30 minutes laughing and joking.... Holtz on the other hand had 2 servers to wait on him by himself and when they approached to see if he needed anything he just looked over the top of his newspaper and "shooed" at them with his hand like they were human flies without saying a word.....who do you think was the better coach?
But... were there flies?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
But... were there flies?
He was the most unpopular member at the club amongst the staff or other members....thank god he was hardly ever there.....but if he could keep you from eating frozen pizzas and taking crying game showers after losing at home on homecoming, during a blackout game to a team that only won 2 games all year I would welcome him with open arms....

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
3/4 of this board has "pooched" your mom....
200.gif

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jeebus, he keeps kicking Karl in the teeth.

Im really beginning to like him again.
The more people that publicly slam Billy boy the better. He’s scum and loser mentality must be eradicated from gator nation .

sharkbite

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2017
Urban is never going to coach the Gators again. He has said in every interview he will never coach college football again with all the new rules, NIL, and the portal. He wants nothing to do with it.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Urban is never going to coach the Gators again. He has said in every interview he will never coach college football again with all the new rules, NIL, and the portal. He wants nothing to do with it.
Until there is enough money involved. Dude would kill it in college now with the right staff/boosters. It's legal to be sleazy and he would fit right in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator